Anyone play DayZ yet? Do you like it?

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Hey guys! Just been contemplating getting DayZ on Steam and I was wondering if any of you have it/have played it. I've heard it's great, but I've also heard that people just typically kill each other, so there really isn't any teamwork or anything like that. No offense, I don't want to waste $30 on a game if the morons playing are just going to kill me over and over again.

TIA!

ya it's pretty good although it pretty much is just kill people or die yourself and as far as teamwork goes trading and stuff is rather rare as most of the time they/we just have friends in the back watching for a good time to kill you. It's really tense...fun...but tense haha

Uuugh, see, that's what I was afraid of. For $30, it just doesn't sound worth it to me. I think I'll have to pass on it at the moment then. Maybe I'll try and catch it on a Steam sale sometime down the road.

I've played DayZ when I borrowed a friend's gaming PC and enjoyed it. It was kind of lax on zombies, but it was a better zombie survival title than WarZ.

I'd put $20-$25 down for DayZ. It's a good game, but it's pretty much a larger State of Decay focused on online multiplayer.

That's what I figured...Oh well, it's not like I don't have a bazillion other games to play :)

You would be better off waiting for Steam to cleave the price because it will happen. Like you said though, you have a boat load of games left to enjoy.

I had a little fun with DayZ when I gave it a spin, but if it came to Xbox One I'd probably only pay $25 maximum. I can see X1 offering it for less if it arrives.

I've played Day Z and had some unique game scenarios only possible through these types of game. I recommend it and think it's worth the price. You do find the occasional jerks, but they're in every game.

I purchased DayZ the moment it came out. In my opinion, it is definitely a great game, even with having playing DayZ in Arma 2, the experience is quite unique in many ways. Graphical optimization is much needed unfortunately, but that's being worked on in the roadmap that Dean has put up. With all the updates that occur and a very responsive team, definitely game of the year material!

No, I haven't had the chance to play it. I'm also quite tired of zombie games, they're all around the place and have been done to death. But I'll give it a try one of these days.

It seems interesting but I don't think I can justify paying to much for something that is just a sandbox.
There is no story, no development, no nothing.
It might be fun if you have plenty of friends to play with but other than that, I don't think it's worth the price, maybe when a Steam sale comes around...

Played it a little bit yeah. It's a decent game, with a nice engine, but honestly the players have became a little dickish over the years. But then, that has always been the case. It's the best example of how we'll all die in a zombie apocalypse really. But you do get a lot of fun videos out of it.

Back