Anyone watching League of Legends Worlds?

blackbagel

I am just wonder if anyone is watching the league of legends worlds tomorrow. The game has become so big that like they even rented out Staple center in LA. I just can't wait for the teams in the group stages that will come out. It seems that in Reddit, the Korean teams are most likely to win the worlds.

It's pretty crazy how much the popularity of LoL has risen. I'm definitely going to be watching since I play LoL as well. I feel that watching pros play, I can get better at the game copying their tactics. I even heard that League of Legends is also going to be in the Olympics.

It is what is hot right now, so they are trying to really milking it out to no end. I just wonder how much more can this game and / or genre take, because everyone seems focused on doing something similar.

My close friend has been keeping tabs on it. He's very much relishing the fame that League and similar eSports are getting. Personally though it's not my kind of game.
It is what is hot right now, so they are trying to really milking it out to no end. I just wonder how much more can this game and / or genre take, because everyone seems focused on doing something similar.
I don't think it's that simple, it's way beyond mere fad status. For one thing, professional players are now recognized by the USA as pro athletes, giving them easier access to working visas. Not to mention the millions of dollars in prizes that are being doled out...

I'm watching it with a group of friends and we have it hooked up to the tv so its like were watching a movie.

Back