Xbox One Are you having Streaming Issues? Many people are...

silvananoir

So there are reports of Xbox One owners having streaming issues on the console. When I first looked into this I thought it was just Amazon but it looks like the problem is also effecting Netflix users according to this article. Twitter has all over the place with reports, but I haven't heard anything about a Microsoft response. My head's not blowing up though because both Nintendo and Sony have had network issues.

If you haven’t been paying attention – and we don’t blame you because of the new year – then you’d be hard-pressed to find any issues with the video streaming for the Xbox One. Which is interesting because Twitter is full of complaints against the various video services for the console.

Streaming vs. Xbox One.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was on both netflix and amazon for the last few weeks.. regularly at 8pm-6am... yes i am on an odd schedule. i have had 0 issues with streaming. when i have had issues it was due to my connection dropping..

i think people are quick to blame xbox because they want issues...

to many variables with network connection... things go down for maintance be it the program,the network its hard to pinpoint. but it is easy to assume.

The problem is that the reports are coming from multiple sources. If this was just like the one guy who was talking about the xbox one leaking then I would say it's a hoax. But a lot of people, including people in the industry are reporting having the problem. So like the leaking hoax, Microsoft needs to respond and answer the complaints. Now the question is if this is a Microsoft issue or if this is a problem on Amazon and Netflix's par.

well i am sitting hear on amazon streaming Anthony Bourdain no reservations on amazon with no issues. i was on netflix earlier watching tosh.o and that 70 show.

i am sure people have issues with netfix/amazon/hulu.. we all do from time to time. it is usually a maintance issue with one of the providers in my case.

the way i look at it is the xbox is the same as your cable box.. it takes the packets of info unwraps them and puts them in the designated place... if its not getting the rite packets it throws an error..

i have more issues with bf4 and their serves than netflix/hulu/amazon.

True, the fault isn't always that of Microsoft and I don't want people to immediately blame them for whatever problems their having with service. Fault could also be on what kind of internet you have or it could be issues on Netflix's and Amazon's side. This is news because it's happening on the Xbox One but I don't necessarily blame Microsoft for this. But they really need to fire their PR team because they should have responded to this.

No problems with Netflix or Amazon. Both steady HD. I think the Xbox One streams better than my Roku.

I can stream just fine on my ps3 right now.. I was trying to stream on my Xbox one but the video was not in hd and kept on buffering.. I know it's not my connection either.. So I can with 100% confidence say there is an issue with Xbox one and Netflix...

hi guys I am also having streaming problems but this time its to do with yify.tv website. this use to work now after the latest update it doesn't seem to work please can someone try this website and let me know if they also cant play videos on that site. (website is yify.tv on the internet explorer app on xbox one)

I don't have any streaming problems (hopefully I won't ever). I am on Hulu and Netflix most of the time on my free time or during my day off. I never experienced any glitches or anything at the moment.

I can stream just fine on my ps3 right now.. I was trying to stream on my Xbox one but the video was not in hd and kept on buffering.. I know it's not my connection either.. So I can with 100% confidence say there is an issue with Xbox one and Netflix...

Been trying netflix on Xbox one for a while now. I don't see any issues yet.

Streaming Netflix on XB1 has been terrible. It's likely due to the fact that Netflix is already compressed video, but the Xbox compresses all over again. That makes the video quality really poor, not to mention that i have a direct Fiber internet connection and yet on the Xbox the connection is horrendous. I can't get HD quality and it buffers more often than not. I started using the PS4 instead and it works perfectly. Lucky for me my Smart TV has Netflix integration with an included Netflix button on the remote,s o no need to use either console.

What stats do you all get when you run Example Short 23.976? Could you please post your internet provider and stat below

I know comcast just signed a deal with netflix to allow direct connections.

netflix/amazon just went thru some troubleshooting the other night.. feb 22-24th.. both systems went down and i called in on netflix and said it would be back up in next few hours..

iirc it came up as a connection issue to check your network. 0888 ect ect may have been the designated code/error.

I have att uverse with 18 mbps.. I am currently running the test and at the 3 mins in I am actually getting 3000 Kbps and 1280x720.. This is a first for me since I've had the Xbox one.. Time is currently 1004 pm cst.

Yeah, I saw this the other day. I have noticed that streaming has gotten worse from time to time. Now that the cats out of they go bag though, hopefully this won't last. I'm on ATT Uverse as well. Comcast definitely has better base Internet speeds, but I just HATE their prices and customer service. Hoping the companies all learn to play together nice so we can have better streaming soon.

Well Netflix on XB1 is terrible, but I now know why. According to both Netflix and Verizon (who I have as my internet provider) there is a bug causing the XB1 version of Netflix to be extremely buggy

Well Netflix on XB1 is terrible, but I now know why. According to both Netflix and Verizon (who I have as my internet provider) there is a bug causing the XB1 version of Netflix to be extremely buggy

I agree, well I guess it may have something to do with verizon themselves right?

i have had 0 issues since the 0888 error the other week. netflix/amazon stream fine. i am on time warner cable.

it was even working fine when i had my 360 on and the xb1 on..

Back