Xbox One Ask Microsoft Anything About Xbox One, Week 8 (New Gamerpics Revealed!)

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
This great feature from IGN continues to bring us great little tidbits on the Xbox One functionality. Enjoy!

NEW ANSWERS ADDED 9/23:

When we first get an Xbox One, will we be able to start off fresh and change our gamertag for free, or will we have to pay for it?

MARC WHITTEN, CHIEF XBOX ONE PLATFORM ARCHITECT: All of our gamertags will come over from the existing Xbox LIVE community. We have no changes to our policies in this space.

Will we be able to import our own JPEG’s, etc. for use as Gamerpics?

WHITTEN: We are focused on building out a beautiful collection of 1080p gamerpics for our users on Xbox One. You’ll also be able to create full-body poses of your Avatar to use as a gamerpic. You’ll see us do much more here in the future. At launch, we expect to have 300 gamerpics to choose from. Here are three examples:

092313marcprofileavatarpng-e94cbf_610w.png.jpg
092313marcprofilemaskpng-e94cc0_610w.png.jpg
092313marcprofilesquatchpng-88391a_610w.png.jpg

Will we be able to enter a nickname for our friends on our list? Instead of seeing their gamertag, I could enter, "Brian," or whatever I want to use to identify him besides his gamertag...

WHITTEN: Good idea! We’ll look at that idea in the future. At launch, one of the things we will provide is the ability to add a friend to a favorites list, so you can keep up with both the broader set of people on your list and the people you play with most.

Will the SmartGlass app itself have any type of multitasking features?

WHITTEN: Xbox SmartGlass is the optimal multitasking companion for Xbox One. You can easily access the Xbox OneGuide to see what’s on TV and change channels, keep up with what your friends are doing on Xbox, view GameDVR clips, view achievements and challenges, and snap apps on your Xbox One directly from your phone or tablet.

If you’re playing a multiplayer game like Battlefield and the developer pushes out a relatively large update while you’re playing, will it download in the background then kick everyone off later? Or does it kick everyone off right away and you have to wait for the download to finish?

WHITTEN: Content providers will have the ability to push two types of content updates with Xbox One: ones that are immediately mandatory like in Xbox 360 and ones that are optional. If you opt to not take an optional update, you can continue to play online and do the update at a later time.

Pretty cool stuff, I think at least. The gamerpics look great with the high res. Good to know we have a favorite's list considering we will be able to add up to 1000 friends and hopefully they will eventually allow nick names, I've been asking for that for years! I think the best news is the developer being able to choose which type of update they push out. All in all a pretty good run of information this week! What say you? Thoughts? Opinions?

For the full article as well as the previous 7 weeks please visit the link below!
Source: IGN

Gamerpics look good but not sure if they're that big of a thing saying the 360 had them. They're just higher res. And I really wish you could let downloads go in the background. It's pretty much just like the 360 where you have to wait it out.

I've been talking a lot about Kinect, but I can't wait to see what developers also do with SmartGlass. I don't know if it will be from the release, but I do recall seeing a video of the developers of Watch Dogs doing some things that require SmartGlass to truly appreciate.

this maybe a dumb questions but how does the Smart Glass App work? Is it just for Windows phones or does it work for Android and iOS?

It's also interesing how instead of saying "No, you can not use your own JPEGS as Gamerpics" he mentioned how they'll have over 300 hi res versions for you to use instead. I also noticed that he avoids the use of any words with negative connotations.

this maybe a dumb questions but how does the Smart Glass App work? Is it just for Windows phones or does it work for Android and iOS?

It's also interesing how instead of saying "No, you can not use your own JPEGS as Gamerpics" he mentioned how they'll have over 300 hi res versions for you to use instead. I also noticed that he avoids the use of any words with negative connotations.

The app is available for all smart devices

Back