Xbox One Assasins Creed IV

Dubs420

It looks like Xbox One is going to have it's own Assassins creed according to IGN: http://uk.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-4-black-flag

How do you think Assassins Creed IV will compare to the previous titles? I always thought it was a top game for the PS3, so it should be seriously amazing for the new Xbox and PS4! This one is set in the Caribbean, I think that's a great choice for a location personally. Hopefully the game-play will be less repetitive and the graphics on a new level.

It's own Assasin's Creed? What i would think is that it's the same as the other's, but will have some different content in it, like exclusive DLC or something. Aside from that, in terms of graphics, i wouldn't expect much difference, seeing how new the console will be once that releases.

Yeah, it's not its "own" title, it's a continuous of the series. Which I'm kind of annoyed with actually. Don't get me wrong, I like pirates but I would of preferred a civil war version, wild west assassin. That's the game I'm waiting for, call me when it's Assassins Creed: Sixgun.

It's not the Xbone's own Assassin's Creed and to be honest the game will probably have exclusive content on the PS4 but not on the Xbone, considering Ubisoft's treatment of Sony's system with the past few Assassins games.

I think that it will be cool being based in the Caribbean. As cool as a Civil War version of the game would be, I feel like the style of warfare at the time would make the game a bit too repetitive. Wild west would be neat to see in the future, though.

I like the whole pirate idea of it, yet I really miss the whole Italian renaissance period, with Ezio. Ezio was so compelling and charismatic, whereas Connor and his father (AC3) weren't as entertaining to play as, being more static characters, such as Altair. I hope they've learnt from that and I hope they'll take the opportunity to make a compelling Caribbean game that doesn't completely focus on the gameplay aspect and dedicates more time to the story, and therefore the characters!

I'll admit I wasn't too impressed with the last installment of AC. It just felt like something was missing. Maybe the original magic is gone? I'm not sure.

With that being said, I'm being pretty cautious with the franchise's next game. They'll have to show they've turned the series back around for me to consider shelling out $60 (or whatever a next-gen game costs). I'm worried they'll just throw out another seemingly uninspired title similar to AC3 just to capitalize on the new consoles.

I haven't played the newest myself yet but both my boyfriend and his brother have finished it.
They both liked it and enjoyed the game but it didn't overpower the previous games.
It wasn't their favorite, but it wasn't horrible.

As for it being a xbox one game, I don't know how well it'll be.
Some titles they just overplay and stretch out way too much.

From what I saw with the gameplay trailer last night at E3, I'm expecting another solid title from Ubisoft. I really enjoyed playing as Connor's father in Assassin's Creed 3 and I think I'll really enjoy playing this character, not to mention some of the other guys that seem to be very interesting. I just wonder what the story is going to be this time, not saying that the whole Assassin vs. Templar thing is getting old, but just to keep the IP alive.

the game look really good... i have yet to play a single assasin creed game but the xbox one black flag is on my buy list...

i actually love the pirate culture so this game had me really intrested from day one and am glad its on xobox one.

I've never really been interested in the AC series, the only one I've heard of was Revelations and that was just a gift for a friend. I'm usually not a fan of stealthy games, and I typically go in guns blazing, or start stabbing people when there are armed men, so I feel like this series is not for me.

I will probably give this a try though, since I'm a huge fan of action games like Borderlands 2, Bioshock, and I just enjoy playing linear games, and a bit of exploring/open-world.

I've been in love with the lore and history of AC ever since its inception all the way back in 2007, so you can be certain I'm looking forward to Black Flag. By the way, it isn't all about stealth. There is plenty of action and engaging elements are ubiquitous if you really delve into the story and the characters. What I disliked with AC3 is Desmond's ending. Yes, his story may have ran five games - five years - I just hoped the climax and ultimate ending would have been a little more epic. Let's hope it's all redeemed here, the Caribbean is one of my favorite places, personally. If nothing else, I'm satisfied with the style and the game play.

I've been in love with the lore and history of AC ever since its inception all the way back in 2007, so you can be certain I'm looking forward to Black Flag. By the way, it isn't all about stealth. There is plenty of action and engaging elements are ubiquitous if you really delve into the story and the characters.

Well, I would say there's MORE action than stealth at this point. Sure, people can go either way, but there's more fighting than assassinating, IMO. Nothing wrong with that as long as it's fun enough, tho.

I agree on the AC3 ending. I didn't hate it, really, but it was lacking.

Well, I would say there's MORE action than stealth at this point. Sure, people can go either way, but there's more fighting than assassinating, IMO. Nothing wrong with that as long as it's fun enough, tho.

I agree on the AC3 ending. I didn't hate it, really, but it was lacking.

I don't really agree with the whole action over stealth trend in the AC games. Although the combat in the series in general is just press X to counter and win, I like it when there is stealth involved. I would like to see more incognito opportunities in Black Flag.

I've been in love with the lore and history of AC ever since its inception all the way back in 2007, so you can be certain I'm looking forward to Black Flag. By the way, it isn't all about stealth. There is plenty of action and engaging elements are ubiquitous if you really delve into the story and the characters. What I disliked with AC3 is Desmond's ending. Yes, his story may have ran five games - five years - I just hoped the climax and ultimate ending would have been a little more epic. Let's hope it's all redeemed here, the Caribbean is one of my favorite places, personally. If nothing else, I'm satisfied with the style and the game play.

since i have yet to play a a ac game... i cant say how they playbut only read what the community thinks... glad its not all stealth and its playable mutiple ways... ans i am fairley suckie at tedious playing styles.. or ones that require you to be good at gaming...(i had this issue with bf3) as my first person shooter bf3 was a hard game to play and be decent at..

i am in love with pirate culture.... so if they dont do a great job i personally will feel horrible and like they did the culture/mystic a injustice of blackbeard and all the various famous pirates... i actually want my wedding(ever happens) to be a pirate wedding on a carribean beach.. i think the game looks great and has serious promise... as good as the last assasins creed looked with ww2 or revolutionary war..... i hope it delivers on the pirate style of life. and i am looking forwad to the game big time.

Back