Xbox One 'Assassin's Creed 4' will utilise Kinect for Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag will take advantage of Kinect for Xbox One, it has been revealed. Speaking to Digital Spy, game director Ashraf Ismail said that the game will take advantage of Microsoft's motion device in a small way.

"We do have a little bit, a touch of a feature on the Kinect," Ismail revealed, "but we're not saying what it is just yet, we want to leave it as a surprise."

"For the Kinect, it's a tiny little thing," he added.

gaming-ac4-blackflag-1_1.jpg

Does this pique your interest? Does it even matter? What do you guys think? Are you buying AC4 at launch?
I, myself, won't be picking it up at launch. Assassin's Creed 3 left a sour taste in my mouth and I'm not ready to invest any more money in that franchise. I'll still play it, but probably as a Gamefly rental and definitely not at launch because of all the other games fighting for my time and attention.

aw come on we know 98% of the story line. the dynamics of the game but your leaving out a small peice of how kinect works... only thing it may be"small" is head tracking its not a huge ambitious project but would add an element to the stealth of the game. making you feel in control of the tedious sneeking around and such. but past that im not sure what it could be.

The previous assassins creed games were fantastic, I'm hoping for the same from AC4:BF. I'm not going to pre-order it, I'm going to first see on youtube if it's good or not, because the last part was really good and enjoyed it so much and played it for over 200 hours. But Somehow, I don't like spending so much money on it.

@kn1ghtmare...why did you not enjoy it? I enjoyed it for the most part. It gets REAL tedious traveling all over looking for treasure and such.

First, I want it to free run the assassin when I free run my down stairs living room. I mean this also has to take into account me falling over my great dane. It must also absolutely assassinate someone when I climb on the stairs and jump down with my hand out. Finally, it must pick pocket someone when I'm walking around my room wiht my hands in my pocket. Then I will be impressed.

Seriously though, Kinect is interesting but I also thought that yelling at a headset to move my players for some SOCOM was a bit much when my buddies were like "Murray what are you doing!"

...of course they later yelled just as loud.

@kn1ghtmare...why did you not enjoy it? I enjoyed it for the most part. It gets REAL tedious traveling all over looking for treasure and such.

I started to get back into III once I realized how the storyline changed. Once i figured out why it did what it did, I was ok with it. But yes, all the treasure and side-story things can be tedious at times.

I will get Black Flag eventually, but it is not on my launch list.

Not getting at launch, but I will purchase the game - I like sailing about. That said, no my interest isn't piqued. I mean what is the honest point of a very little thing? It's just a gimmick and I'm not especially fond of gimmicks as a rule.

Not getting at launch, but I will purchase the game - I like sailing about. That said, no my interest isn't piqued. I mean what is the honest point of a very little thing? It's just a gimmick and I'm not especially fond of gimmicks as a rule.

So I assume the PS4 version is out too because it will use the touchpad. I mean, gimmicks and all..........

I am not a big fan of the kinect. Although I love the idea of any game using the Kinect technology. Specially a game such as Assassin's Creed 4, that will increase its value tremendously.

So I assume the PS4 version is out too because it will use the touchpad. I mean, gimmicks and all..........

...Did I mention any systems? No. I was talking about the game - and answering the game related question the OP presented. I know you really love Microsoft and you want to protect them from all harm or whatever, but sometimes take a minute and step back because nothing I said was insulting or whatever them in anyway. Seriously - let's not descend into the Fanboy Battle Royale - Next Gen Edition or whatever it's called now.

...Did I mention any systems? No. I was talking about the game - and answering the game related question the OP presented. I know you really love Microsoft and you want to protect them from all harm or whatever, but sometimes take a minute and step back because nothing I said was insulting or whatever them in anyway. Seriously - let's not descend into the Fanboy Battle Royale - Next Gen Edition or whatever it's called now.

Wow. That was unnecessary.

Finally, this is what I have been waiting for. A game that uses Kinect that is not a sports game or fitness game. I bet the Assassins Creed Kinect feature will be great. I bet it is like swiping with a sword or something.

Well I expect a lot of furniture to get ruined thanks to this game! Jumping like a crazy man around your house to get the kills and mission done in the game, haha! Joking aside, I think they will just add the kinect in small areas like when traveling on a horse or when shooting, nothing special, just a little extra there to sweeten the deal.

It looks really cool, especially considering it uses the Kinect. Assassins Creed is an awesome game already, but being able to practice the moves in real-life is just outrageous! I've always wanted to do parkour during my life so I think the Kinect will be an awesome feature for this game. I'm don't usually play assassins creed but I think this new feature has just brought back a great customer.

I thought AC3 was pretty fun to play, but wouldn't invest so much in AC4 before playing it. I don't think I'd buy the whole chest and all. I don't need that crap. I need a good game, good story and entertainment. I think that everyone was pissed about AC3 because it took so long to play their favorite characters from the ads.

Back