Atelier Totori Plus For Vita Is Available In The U.S.

Claptrap

atotorip_thumb.jpg
GameStop have a listing for a download version of Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland for the PlayStation Vita.

The game costs $40 and GameStop mention that you can get: “the exclusive swimsuits in one pack with this game & DLC bundle! ‘Angel Swimsuit’ and ‘Devil Bikini’ are included in this package. This bundle is a limited time offer until Apr 16th, 2013.”

Atelier Totori Plus is a PlayStation Vita port of Atelier Totori on the PlayStation 3. The Vita version contains DLC from the PS3 version, such as Totori’s sister Ceci, Rorona’s best friend Cordelia and more. The game also has new alchemy recipes and outfits.

There’s no public listing for a retail version of Atelier Totori Plus on GameStop yet, so the game might be download-only in the U.S. Additionally, the costumes tidbit makes it sound like it might be available on April 16th, so it’s odd that Tecmo Koei haven’t announced it yet.

Atelier Totori Plus looks to be headed to Australia, too. The game was rated by the Australian Classification Board in February.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/19/atelier-totori-plus-for-vita-listed-on-gamestop-in-the-u-s/

I share this here because... damn, they really are silly. I only know this game is out in the US because of such websites and because I saw it on the PS Store. I've heard of the game, it's a remake of a PS3 JRPG so... JRPG on Vita? Sounds hella good to me even if I have no idea what the game is actually like at all! I might grab it sometime, specially if it goes on sale, because it looks good enough to me. Still, it's amazing that the publisher didn't actually ANNOUNCE that the game was being localized. I mean, what the hell? How do you expect your game to sell if nobody knows it even exists?

Don't know about the other places, but they really pulled a stupid move by releasing the game without any kind of publicity. Even one trailer would be good, but no, they just release it like that and then expect the game to sell well.

Yeah, it is insane. What were they thinking? Releasing the game without previous notice? They must not be expecting it to sell well either way or maybe they even want it to bomb for some reason; the videogame industry works in mysterious ways.

RPGFan's John McCaroll editorial on the issue is pretty good, by the way! Check it: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1187.html

EDIT: Double post! Sorry! Really sorry! Some mod delete this crappy double-post post!

Last edited:
Back