Xbox 360 Auto Shutoff Feature

gamesgalore

Do any of you use the auto shutoff feature to turn off your Xbox? I didn't even know it had such a feature until just recently, when it automatically shut off after being inactive for a while. I don't even know how or why it started doing that, honestly. I think maybe one of the last updates changed the default settings or something? Anyways, I figure it's a good way to keep the Xbox from overheating or burning an image into our TV, so we just left it alone!

I think you're right; I think one of the last updates caused it to default to auto shutoff. However, if I'm not mistaken, you can change it back if you don't like it. I think you can also change how long you want it to sit inactive for before automatically turning off. As for me, I use it too, because it's nice to know that if I walk out of the house one day having forgotten to turn it off before I left, I won't come home to find it still on. Like you pointed out, I don't want it to overheat or burn a picture into our TV!!

I've taken advantage of the auto shutoff feature, too. I like it because I don't have to worry about forgetting to turn the console off. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't ever want to see that dreaded red ring of death!!

Back