Xbox 360 Battlefield 3

SiA360

From
Florida
Anyone else anticipating the hottest game in a very long time? Battlefield 3 comes out on October 25, but there is an open beta that starts September 29 and closes on October 10. Some of the game play trailers are sick, especially the Caspian Border one. Is anyone else going to get the game? If you don't know about battlefield, and you're into war games I strongly suggest you check out the Battlefield series. It's how I got turned on to serious multiplayer gaming.

Count me in. I have been playing Battlefield 2 for so long that I wanted to play new maps. I have the Vietnam expansion but I grew bored playing it. The videos of Battlefield 3 makes me want to play it now.

I have Battlefield 2 as well as all the older PC Battlefields. I haven't been able to play them since I got Vista though. Made me mad, because BF2 was my favorite game at the time. Are you getting the PC version of BF3, or do you have a 360 as well? If you're going to play on the Xbox my gamertag is "SiA Trader". Feel free to friend me if you want. Regardless, the open beta starts thursday so check it out. They are playing the closed beta right now and some of my friends that had the code are saying it's fantastic. The main gripe about the beta is that I'm hearing there are no vehicles. They advertise Battlefield and the awesome vehicle warfare, but don't have a map in the beta with them. It's silly to me, but I guess this is to get the final kinks out. I really wanted to get some practice on the jets before the game came out so I don't die so much just learning.

Last edited:
Haha, I'm...not anticipating it, really. I'm just not into war games, to be honest! I'm glad y'all are so excited for it, though-- it's great when fans support a game so thoroughly.

The game is turning out to be quite awesome. There are still a number of things that need to be fixed and again, I'm not crazy about a map with no vehicles. Battlefield is above and beyond other war games, but if they were to conform and try to be more like COD or anything else, then it will lose what is special about it. This beta tells us nothing about if they are going that route. We have to see what the full game has in store.

I played the Alpha but I have not yet tried the Beta. According to who I spoke with, it's no different than the Alpha. I really think it is too much like BFBC for me. It is no BF2 again.

A friend of mine played the Beta of this game. His main concern is about the tactical flash light. Does that thing even useful in real life battle? He said that this tool might be used by players that love annoying their teammates. What do you think?

A friend of mine played the Beta of this game. His main concern is about the tactical flash light. Does that thing even useful in real life battle? He said that this tool might be used by players that love annoying their teammates. What do you think?

In real life, a tactical flashlight is blinding to the assailant. This is a video game though, so while some people go for it being realistic, I don't care for that. My concern is getting my kills in a video game. There really is no reason for the tactical light other than maybe being cool. It's kind of a damper on what is one of the best war games ever, but for some reason the developer's think it's good to have. It is annoying with teamates even when they aren't intentionally shining it in your face. I can live without it.

Alright, now that the game is out, who has it? I waited in line at Game Stop at midnight to get mine! I have the rest of the week off to get the hang of it. I am lousy at the jets. Very disappointing. I hope I can figure them out, but so far they very ineffective. I think the game is great though and it a lot of fun.

I have it, but unfortunately my computer isn't available right now because I have it getting upgraded for BF3 and also getting overheating issues fixed. LOL!

I haven't purchased it yet and wasn't planning to do it several days ago, but all this hype around it is making me reconsider. I played Battlefield 2 and I really enjoyed the Vietnam expansion, so I guess I should give this one a chance as well. Do you think that Batlefield 3 is one of the best war games nowadays?

Well, it can be a matter of opinion, but I believe it is the best. I think it dwarf's Call of Duty. There are so many options and the destruction is awesome. You have to hate a challenge to dislike this game I think. I love doing what I want in a game and Battlefield provides this. I think the new game is a hit.

Back