Xbox One Battlefield 4 Confirmed for Next-Gen

SkintTight

In the shock move of the century, EA has confirmed that Battlefield 4 will be released on the next-generation of consoles.

Taking to the EA Blog to react to recent layoffs at the company, EA Labels President Frank Gibeau revealed that the game has already been shown off behind closed doors, suggesting a full blown reveal may not be far away.

"We’ve been investing and innovating on new technology for months," he wrote. "Console partners who have seen our early work agree, EA’s next-gen software is nothing short of astonishing.

"At a GameStop company meeting earlier this week, we gave 500 store managers a sneak peak at Battlefield 4. The game received a huge ovation and thousands of fans reacted to a single enthusiastic Tweet by GameStop’s CEO."

It was revealed in January that a new Battlefield title will release "next year", though EA has stated that the series isn't becoming annualised at this time. Presumably an official reveal of the game can't be far off now; as it stands, all we know is that Battlefield 4 will stay in the modern setting.

Oh god, can't wait.

It's good that it's coming out on consoles but the last one didn't play so well on the xbox and was supposed to be a lot better on the PC. I am glad they are keeping it in the modern setting but unless they can make it as good as the current battlefield is on pc i wont be buying it on console

Im just happy... Super happy!!! :D
I seriously ant wait for it.

It's good that it's coming out on consoles but the last one didn't play so well on the xbox and was supposed to be a lot better on the PC. I am glad they are keeping it in the modern setting but unless they can make it as good as the current battlefield is on pc i wont be buying it on console

Yea i didn't like how it played on the Xbox as well.. Can't wait to see next release.

I know my sister will be getting this so I'm pretty excited. Without a doubt its going to be an awesome title.

Having seen EA's new engine Ignite at the Xbox reveal I have got high expectations for this game, I thought Battlefield 3 visually was stunning and I think this is going to be awesome.
The Call of Duty series is going to really have to up their game to compete with Battlefield this time.

Is there will be 64 players on PS4?

I liked to play on PS3, but it's not the same experience on a PC.
I hope we will be entitled to the same quality as the Pc of PS4. I, there is still 8GB of RAM. This is not nothing.

Personally, this will be the first games I buy on PS4

I have friends who have the game on different platforms but one thing that we all agree with is that Battlefiend 4 is one of the best games to play. It is very challengining and the excitement never wanes. Whether you are playing it for the first time or have returned to it you are guaranteed to enjoy it.

Back