Xbox One Battlefield 4 could support head tracking with kinect

KCJRMC

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be worth trying. I mean if we've got to have the kinect, they might as well make it worth having. Hopefully it's not to glitchy.

It means that they forgot how the Kinect his. I really can't wait to the camera to go haywire as soon as i turn my head naturally and it ends ups ruining my game.

It means that they forgot how the Kinect his. I really can't wait to the camera to go haywire as soon as i turn my head naturally and it ends ups ruining my game.

Honestly as soon as I saw the headline I thought of just how many ways this could glitch. Not just because this is a Kinect, but because lean options are seldom done very well. It also sounds like this is just being added on - that is very, very seldom a "good" thing to see done. Hopefully it all works out, but I'm not holding my breath on this.

It amazes me how people just go to the worst possible scenario on anything that there's to try to be innovative.

Like you said......they are scaed of change...OH! And they have already used the KiNECT 2.0 ;)

Battlefield 4 on Xbox One could feature Kinect functionality.

I think its a very good sign to see developers and publishers start to integrate the improved Kinect. It would be ideal to have strong support at launch to improve the active user base. I don't know how well it will work in-game especially with Battlefield 4, but only time will tell. It may be advantageous if it allows faster response times in a FPS where everything is twitch-based anyways.

Well, this is stupid. No one is going use Kinect and it's not going to work. Don't they know how poor the tracking is in the multi platinum Dance Central and Dance Central 2???

This is what I've been predicting for the Kinect from its announcement. There WILL be a FPS with full body tracking and it will either become a part of Battlefield, Battlefield Bad Company or Call of Duty. Give it five years, tops. Oh, and it will be incredibly popular.

Well this feature will be interesting. It will be cool to peer round a corner and then move your head back again so you don't have to stick your whole body round the corner. What would be funny though is if it glitches out and your head keeps flicking from left to right. You wouldn't have to shoot your enemies, you would just have to scare your enemies away. They will think you're crazy!

I think if anyone can implement Kinect in a more than gimmicky way, it is Dice. These are the kind of subtle additions that Kinect should be used for. Would love to see this be a real thing. Could get annoying having to focus your entire body on the screen, but I'm very open to it.

It amazes me how people just go to the worst possible scenario on anything that there's to try to be innovative.

Is this innovative? How still do you normally sit? I mean someone mentioned Dance Central, but this would need rather more focus, wouldn't it? The question is how much more focus and precision would it need versus how easily would it glitch? As I mentioned lean options like cover options are seldom done very well in most games. Even when they're good better than 50 percent of the time ... well it can get seriously frustrating. So it's less that I'm hating on "innovation" and more that I'm asking questions and weighing possible cons. Its why I aced the LSAT - I'm a natural blending of healthy conservatism, reckless curiosity, and deep skepticism.

It's a step in the right direction, they have to start pushing the Kinect if they want it to catch on. Even if this particular integration ends up buggy as hell, it's still a technological innovation that warrants attention.

I don't think this particular instance will be very practical for me personally, as I change positions very frequently in shooters depending on how enraged I am at any given moment :p

Is this innovative?

It might be. For those of us not close-minded.

How still do you normally sit?

On my couch. Are you suggesting you are incapable of leaning or moving your head while in a seated position?

I mean someone mentioned Dance Central, but this would need rather more focus, wouldn't it? The question is how much more focus and precision would it need versus how easily would it glitch? As I mentioned lean options like cover options are seldom done very well in most games. Even when they're good better than 50 percent of the time ... well it can get seriously frustrating. So it's less that I'm hating on "innovation" and more that I'm asking questions and weighing possible cons. Its why I aced the LSAT - I'm a natural blending of healthy conservatism, reckless curiosity, and deep skepticism.

Ummmmm, what does your LSAT's have to do with whether or not Dice can implement leaning in a game?

And has leaning been done yet with this particular sensor? Believe the answer is no. So you cannot judge something based on something else that is completely inferior. I guess that Ferrari isn't going to go very fast because my Toyota Corolla can't do it.

I think that this would be an awesome new feature, if it's included the game. It would be make the kinetic set that I bought be actually useful for something! But I'm not sure if its going to make my gameplay better though.

It might be. For those of us not close-minded.

On my couch. Are you suggesting you are incapable of leaning or moving your head while in a seated position?

Ummmmm, what does your LSAT's have to do with whether or not Dice can implement leaning in a game?

And has leaning been done yet with this particular sensor? Believe the answer is no. So you cannot judge something based on something else that is completely inferior. I guess that Ferrari isn't going to go very fast because my Toyota Corolla can't do it.

Are we only allowed to thank a post once?

Leaning in a game with Kinect 2 will be incredibly easy. Forza 4 had the ability to track head movement on Kinect 1. I think people want Kinect to fail, it helps justify why they can attempt to avoid using it, but there has been too much progress with it thus far for developers to not see that it isn't the hardware, it's their time spent on developing for the tech that is lacking.

Is this innovative? How still do you normally sit? I mean someone mentioned Dance Central, but this would need rather more focus, wouldn't it? The question is how much more focus and precision would it need versus how easily would it glitch? As I mentioned lean options like cover options are seldom done very well in most games. Even when they're good better than 50 percent of the time ... well it can get seriously frustrating. So it's less that I'm hating on "innovation" and more that I'm asking questions and weighing possible cons. Its why I aced the LSAT - I'm a natural blending of healthy conservatism, reckless curiosity, and deep skepticism.

That right there ruins your entire argument by being both self-referential and self-advocating. Use facts to make your point and let you argument be what compliments your intellect.

That right there ruins your entire argument by being both self-referential and self-advocating. Use facts to make your point and let you argument be what compliments your intellect.

It took everything in me to just cross my fingers and skip over that. It just highlighted that they knew they weren't giving the Kinect or proposed technology a chance and just wanted to be contrary and thought LSAT scores could be enough support for a weak argument.

Back