Xbox One "Best games are on Xbox One"

ozadin

Xbox has released a video today on Youtube basically boasting why their games are better, mostly a direct announcement to PS4 and Sony... seems unnecessary. I do have to admit that the games in the video look really nice.

[video=youtube;fhu0MMS7RjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhu0MMS7RjY#at=26[/video]

I hope this does not backfire on them, You are raising the expectation level of consumers by making these bold claims. If any of the games they mentioned don't meet expectations, consumers will cause a backlash that they will not be able to handle. I hope they know what they are doing.

Im sure they will be good. Of course not all games are going to be liked but atleast we X1 owners have all the options at launch. Id rather have those games avaliable to me then to choose from only 4 or 5. Plus who knows how many arcade games/indie games may be avliable at launch also.

The games look awesome, but I do agree it could be a bit of a jump the gun issue. Lets hope not! I'm not normally disappointed( except for kinect) but I guess I will wait and see. I did enjoy the video, despite the possibly premature bragging.

A single platform NEVER has all of the best games. You can definitely have most of them, but by making these kinds of grandiose claims, it really makes me think that Microsoft is feeling a little insecure when sizing up the competition. I mean, what happened to standing on your own laurels? I'm eager to see how things will turn out in the first few weeks/months after release when the flagship games start getting played and reviewed properly. I suspect that there will be at least a few of the blockbuster games being huge letdowns, and at the same time, more than handful of the sleepers turning in to new hit franchises. Exciting times gentlemen!

That's what you call bragging at it's best lol. agree that they have got an edge in terms of exclusive games, but it's not going to last long. We all know that Sony had a upper hand in terms of exclusives .

Meh, there are some good games on the Xbox One for sure. But I think that they are just trying to whip up some attention on the gaming market. We know relatively little about the games, and until they are released we can only presume that they will be good. So lets just wait and decide who has the better games, after we actually have a chance to play them!

That's what you call bragging at it's best lol. agree that they have got an edge in terms of exclusive games, but it's not going to last long. We all know that Sony had a upper hand in terms of exclusives .

No offense buddy, but we sure got those exclusives at E3 now didnt we :confused: Not counting the same 4 launch games they have been showing since their reveal in Feb. All we got was a trailer for a game that could be great. MSFT has FOR SURE brought up the line in terms of exclusive. Plus we know their are more games coming within the first year. Sony has a track record of announcing these exclusives but taking FOREVER to release (Last Gaurdian for example) and games that once were exclusive to them (Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 15) have went multi. I think this gen will be different. MSFT has really got something good going on and that billion they are spending has for sure went to good use. We will for sure have fun at launch though! :D

This is very much true but its all about the console which are better? is it ps4 or xbox i think in features then its definitely ps4 because it seems to have better features but in games 100% has to be xbox.

This is very much true but its all about the console which are better? is it ps4 or xbox i think in features then its definitely ps4 because it seems to have better features but in games 100% has to be xbox.

No offense but you need to look at that again lol, X1 has WAY more features than the PS4. Some people may think that the DVR thing isnt cool, but wait and see how many people will actually use it. The snap in feature ALONE i awesome. The share feature is a good thing along with the XBOX LIVE Gold that lets all accounts on the system have access to it. As far as I know it isnt like that on the PS4. The NFL App that is only on the X1 will FOR SURE have people flocking, not me personally though. And to add that Sony has just lost their NFL license for their system. And lets not forget KiNECT...yeah yeah yeah some people may hate it but that ALONE adds ALOT of cool things to the system. Also being able to skype while gaming...is also cool.

I hope this does not backfire on them, You are raising the expectation level of consumers by making these bold claims. If any of the games they mentioned don't meet expectations, consumers will cause a backlash that they will not be able to handle. I hope they know what they are doing.

But that is what every company does. They got to hype up their products so that people get into them and buy. Because hey, not everyone is going to return products, they should at least get a few sales out of it.

They could be right or not, but boasting about it is kinda dumb.

Regardless, I personally don't trust Microsoft to provide good exclusives during the entirety of the console's life. I look at the 360 and I see that they provided a lot of good exclusives early on, but then they stopped and all we were getting was Halo, Gears (which is a 3rd party, as far as I know) and Forza.

Meanwhile, while we were getting these 3, Sony had Uncharted, inFamous, Tokyo Jungle, Wipeout, The Last of Us, etc.

So yeah, I don't trust Microsoft to have good exclusives because of that. The 360 at first looked like they were really trying to provide many exclusive games, even exclusive games by Japanese developers, but then it stopped, as I mentioned. Hell, some 360 exclusives even ended up becoming multi-platform, like Mass Effect. That's another thing, too: most games are developed by 3rd parties and 3rd parties definitely prefer to go multi-platform than exclusive.

I think the one thing that both Microsoft and Sony are doing is try to create a stronger quality in the games that are on their systems. This is typical of the first round of games that hit the market for these consoles. After a while they will let the quality slip to just start pushing stuff out to market. The good news is that we shouldn't see any awful games to begin with unless its awful because no one checked stuff after the second level or something. I'm hoping for an awesome Crackdown 3...

They could be right or not, but boasting about it is kinda dumb.

Regardless, I personally don't trust Microsoft to provide good exclusives during the entirety of the console's life. I look at the 360 and I see that they provided a lot of good exclusives early on, but then they stopped and all we were getting was Halo, Gears (which is a 3rd party, as far as I know) and Forza.

Meanwhile, while we were getting these 3, Sony had Uncharted, inFamous, Tokyo Jungle, Wipeout, The Last of Us, etc.

So yeah, I don't trust Microsoft to have good exclusives because of that. The 360 at first looked like they were really trying to provide many exclusive games, even exclusive games by Japanese developers, but then it stopped, as I mentioned. Hell, some 360 exclusives even ended up becoming multi-platform, like Mass Effect. That's another thing, too: most games are developed by 3rd parties and 3rd parties definitely prefer to go multi-platform than exclusive.

I agree to a point. They may have slipt off some near the end but honestly I wouldn't even count Tokyo Jungle and Wipeout. If we go that way then MSFT had ALOT in the LIVE Arcade that got amazing praise. Uncharted would be our Gears and so on. As for the games made by the Japanese developers, 360 was the only console to have all the JRPGS and Japan still didn't grab the 360. They tried HARD to win the Japan over but in the end it will NEVER matter because they have strong pride. So that's why it stopped on that end if you think about it. They spent a lot of time and money in that area. As for the 3rd party statement same thing happened to Sony. They lost Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts also.

I think the one thing that both Microsoft and Sony are doing is try to create a stronger quality in the games that are on their systems. This is typical of the first round of games that hit the market for these consoles. After a while they will let the quality slip to just start pushing stuff out to market. The good news is that we shouldn't see any awful games to begin with unless its awful because no one checked stuff after the second level or something. I'm hoping for an awesome Crackdown 3...[/QUOTE]

OMG! I would loose my sh1t if they ann. it lol.

Omfg!!! Titanfall looks amazing!!!!!!!

I know right? This game looks like a kick ass mix of CoD/BF with some crazy mech elements. I think I mentioned it in another post, but I'm definitely going to making that my first purchase for the console.

Microsoft.. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! Sheesh, no need to brag. You got me baby... now show me a good time and make me feel pretty.

As far as exclusives go, I wouldn't say Microsoft or Sony hold a distinct advantage. Don't forget, both companies are still churning out titles for the previous generation of consoles. Take Beyond: Two Souls for example. 3 weeks until it's released for solely Playstation 3.

I don't find this advertisement a convincing argument, particularly because of the amount of titles that will be cross-platform. Halo doesn't look any different. Titanfall looks absolutely spectacular though -- I cannot wait to see what that game will be like.

No, Microsoft is just flaunting here. The don't have better games than Sony for that matter. No, simply no. I am buying the console just for the sake of it to be honest. I don't want to miss on any games, you know. Sony has much better SP games to play than MS.

Back