Original Xbox Best Memory Of Xbox

dannyboy

What is your best memory of the original Xbox and do you consider the memory to be special?

Probably hitting my first trickshot on MW2. Me and my friends always tried to trickshot, and when I hit the first trickshot I was so excited. Ended up hitting well over 250 more on MW2.

I remember being blown away at the graphics. My friend had Halo and the demo for Fuzion Frenzy. The space shooter elements of Halo had me awestruck; I had never seen any game so vivid or bold.

My best memory would have to be playing racing games with my sister. We thought it was so realistic looking. Need for Speed was my jam. I would play that game for hours.

My best memory is the day I bought it. I was quite young and had saved up the money to go and buy it myself. I was going into town on the bus and it felt like a dream (sad I know). It's a feeling I'll remember forever.

I was bed ridden, doctors orders, throughout my pregnancy with my daughter the year the first Xbox came out. I think I would have gone insane with cabin fever if it were not for my Xbox. My Xbox and Dreamcast kept me busy throughout the day.

I can relate to getting the original Xbox the first week it came out. I was so excited to get it. I remember I was out with my mom and sister at the mall, I picked it up later that week and wanted to get home to play it, but as expected this was no in and out mission. They had to walk around, talk, eat, look at this, look at that..all before buying anything!

I was walking around the mall clutching the Xbox box.

That had to be terrible StreetShark. It's partially why I try not to go shopping with anyone: the time spent in the store rarely equals the amount of stuff the person buys.

My fondest memory was getting the first Xbox on Christmas one year. My grades were in the can and I wasn't expecting it at all, but it was there. I turned my grades around after that since it was always on the chopping block to be given to the boy up the street.

My fondest memory was sitting up and playing Morrowind late. Another was going into GameStop like two year prior to getting the O.G Xbox and asking for one. The guy said they didn't have them and tried to offer me a Gamecube or PS2--both of which I already had and bought from that same guy.

I remember being extreme pissed because I had Xbox money (you know, when you have the exact amount you'd need for a console and a game or two so that's all you're going in for and anything else is completely outside of those plans).

I remember being blown away at how fast you could start playing online when Halo 3 came out. That was my first game where I had XBL to play it with. I joined in and was with real people within 10 seconds. I was so impressed!

My memory is of the super small hard drive, laughably small by today's standards, it wasn't particularly happy, I'm just thinking about where gaming and technology on a whole is coming from, and where we will be going.

I remember being blown away at how fast you could start playing online when Halo 3 came out. That was my first game where I had XBL to play it with. I joined in and was with real people within 10 seconds. I was so impressed!

Yeah playing Halo online is a blast. That is one of the best features of most of these modern systems.

I wasn't old enough to play rated M games when Halo 2 was popular. Luckily, my friends had a brother who a couple of years older than us, and he had Halo 2. I remember playing that game whenever we could. We would yell and fight (in a friendly way) about screen looking and arguing if kills were "cheap" or not. I miss those days.

Splinter Cell! Yeah when I first played that game I was blown away, the graphics were awesome, the gameplay is solid and my God that cloth! I mean, I never played a game as intense and as involving as that game, I mean, I never liked stealth games before (I played Thief before) but this game got me hooked.

My favourite memories with the xbox console were definitely the halo series of games. The multiplayer experience was definitely enjoyable, especially with a group of friends and hosting small tournaments and being the best.

Clearly halo. Man...I just loved that game. I remember staying up many, many nights with friends just playing through the campaign. That was one awesome game which helped me open up to the xbox. I used to be an avid playstation fan but now I'm a fan of both due to halo.

My most memorable and valuable moments playing the original Xbox was completing Halo: Combat Evolved with my older brother. We had a blast playing that game. Whether it was co-op mode or split screen, we always seemed to have a good time playing that game.

I think my best memory was when I had first gotten burnout take down 3. That game was really a lot of fun and I remember playing that game with my cousins and how I would be in front of the TV bragging in their face when they lost to me. We used to have lots of fun playing that game and I have to admit that that game is the best racing game that I have played and I have played lots of them.

Best memory was when I played the first Halo and it was dark outside when I got to the flood level and once the small flood creatures (whatever they are called) came out, I almost peed myself I was soo terrified. I never played that game in the dark again. That's really the only time a game has scared me and I don't know why it did.

What is your best memory of the original Xbox and do you consider the memory to be special?
me and my buddies playing Sonic racers everyday after school, back in highschool, it was epic AF; I really miss thosedays, we're all over the place now, at different colleges and some even went overseas... but we'll alway remember our time gaming

Back