Xbox One BF4 is playable after 10% download mark

PB7

Former Administrator
For those of you who are wondering, Battlefield 4 is has to download to the 10% mark to be playable on the Xbox One. I will post more times for other games as they download. Its taking me forever.

i just started installing my disk... i have netflix running and will get an alert when my bf4 is up and ready to play.

For those of you who are wondering, Battlefield 4 is has to download to the 10% mark to be playable on the Xbox One. I will post more times for other games as they download. Its taking me forever.

Thanks for the information. This will come ind handy for the rest who are going the digital route for this game. So then it's true we can play while we download. Hmmm... can you tell us also what part of the game is deactivated while doing this? After all, we're downloading just a portion of the game and we can play. It's good to know what parts of the game is not accessible.

Phew! I thought the whole "play while download" was not true. I'm glad they really kept it. This should definitely come in handy for me, just so I can have a peek at game.
Yes, like what spark_777 says here, what part of the game is disabled when you play at 10%? I sure as hell don't want to play the game that's not accessible. Maybe just one level is accessed?

I wish more games did this. Especially with MMORPGs and shooters that have a HUGE selection of maps, you really should be able to play with just the necessary elements downloaded. I don't need the models and textures for the fifty packs of DLC or the singleplayer campaign which I won't play just to join a multiplayer match.

Even if you're on a faster connection with plenty of disk space left, there's still no reason why it wouldn't be a nice feature to have.

Haven't got my hands on Battlefield 4 yet but it's good to know that you can start playing as soon as download reaches 10%. I used to hate waiting for games to download all the way before you could play them, especially since you couldn't have Netflix going on at the same time.

That great that it's 10% before you can start playing and one of the features that I like most about the Xbox One. Though I have heard that the times vary depending on the game, so it would be great if Microsoft posted that information for all the games that come out for the Xbox One in the future if they have this capability.

Haven't got my hands on Battlefield 4 yet but it's good to know that you can start playing as soon as download reaches 10%. I used to hate waiting for games to download all the way before you could play them, especially since you couldn't have Netflix going on at the same time.

with a game like bf4 even at 10% if you are pulling a strong network connection you can lag and feel like server issues. yes you can play but double dipping can put strain on the game/system. it will download decently fast if you leave it alone... patience grasshopper.

That great that it's 10% before you can start playing and one of the features that I like most about the Xbox One. Though I have heard that the times vary depending on the game, so it would be great if Microsoft posted that information for all the games that come out for the Xbox One in the future if they have this capability.

it may not be a microsoft thing. so its not something they control or keep track of. i was suprised how much needed to be downloaded for ki... considering you can only play as 1 character for free..

Thanks for letting us know, I hate download times... especially for the larger games, i love that we'll be able to play them a little bit before they're fully downloaded.

Good to know. I'm one of those impatient people who want things asap. 10% can't be that bad.

That's awesome! I bet it's like how MMO's have that dynamic patching thing that downloads areas as you're walking to them.

Back