Bioshock's future with 2K...?

diamondback8

I saw a thread earlier (and news about it too) about Irrational Games shutting down, thereby leaving Bioshock's future in the hands of 2K. So Levine has no take on what 2K does with it. Now, Bioshock's future with 2K... what do you think they'll do with the series? I saw some posters there say stuff like: MMO, multiplayer, reboot... even connecting the universes of System Shock. What do you guys think? I'm guessing they'll make a sequel to Bioshock Infinite or 2. It'll also depend if the story fits the lore after all. Or probably a reboot. But knowing 2K, they were able to succeed well with Borderlands so we'll see what they'll do with Bioshock. Whatever they do with it though, I hope it won't suck.

well as I said in the other thread, they made bioshock 2 so it's not like this is new for them. While BS2 didn't get as much love from the public as the original did and infinite it was still a good game and now that they have a more diverse universe to deal with it really opens up writing possibilities. As for the system shock thing I dunno about that. I mean it was it's spiritual successor but that'd be like connecting 007 to Perfect Dark...ok bad example haha meh I think the two games do well enough on their own and don't need any sort of bridge for the few people that know their connection.

Well, anything can happen I guess. We can't say if 2K will make a sequel, prequel, spin-off, reboot or connecting universe game now. It's all a mystery at the moment. But yeah, whatever they'll do with the series, hope it doesn't suck.

I'm guessing a sequel. But I wonder what crazy city they'll make. Will it be some city that's invisible? Will it somewhat be similar to Arkham City (the city itself, not the game)? Will it be a city that is on its own land? There's a lot of possibilities.

We'll see what the future holds for the series maybe by E3 or next year. 2K sure got a lot of things to do these days so we won't be hearing about Bioshock's new gig for a while.

I'm guessing a sequel. But I wonder what crazy city they'll make. Will it be some city that's invisible? Will it somewhat be similar to Arkham City (the city itself, not the game)? Will it be a city that is on its own land? There's a lot of possibilities.

I'm calling a prequel but then again, 2K can do anything now since they got the rights. Now it's a matter of just waiting.

I hope they can make the game better with a reboot. Well I'd love to see some new things on Bioshock like maybe a crazy lava skill or a laser beam skill.

2k has been with Bioshock for a while, they have been with the game's success ever since it started, I expect some new things and new games to be developed by them. Yeah a lava power and beam power would be a really nice addition.

They've always been consistent in giving us good versions of Bioshock. I hope they can make more cool stuff with the game now that they have full custody over it.

2k has been with Bioshock for a while, they have been with the game's success ever since it started, I expect some new things and new games to be developed by them. Yeah a lava power and beam power would be a really nice addition.

Wahahaha. Lava power and beam power would rock. That way, anymore of those Splicers will die fast!! (by the way, I haven't played Infinite yet BUT I have it ready for download on Steam. I got all Bioshock games with every DLC (except Minerva's Den) so I don't know what to call the enemies in Infinite's main campaign).

They've always been consistent in giving us good versions of Bioshock. I hope they can make more cool stuff with the game now that they have full custody over it.

Yeah, you right. Then it's got to be a sequel at least. But I wonder who'll be writing the story now that Levine's gone? He was the man who pretty much headlined the narratives of the Bioshock universe, so without him, 2K's gonna be the one to write their succession of Levine's creation.

Yeah, you right spark_777. Who's gonna write the story now? Levine was the man who came up with the ideas of Rapture and Columbia. There's gotta be somebody who can match up to his stories now.

I'm guessing they'll come up with a whole new bioshock game different from what we are used to. Maybe something set to this year.

Yeah, I see that happening. Well, whatever 2K has planned for it, we'll go for it. I hope it doesn't suck.

I'm guessing they'll come up with a whole new bioshock game different from what we are used to. Maybe something set to this year.

Yup, that's possible. Well, as many say, it can go either way. We'll have to wait and see. Yeah, thedoodseven, hope it won't suck indeed.

Back