Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 Prequel Rumoured For PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

Claptrap

Borderlands 2 is set to get a prequel game on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC later this year, according to a new report.

GamePointsNow.com is suggesting the shooter will take place between Borderlands 1 and 2, with 2K Australia heading up development in conjunction with Gearbox Software. Release is rumoured for later in 2014.

You'll be able to choose between one of four characters: Athena The Gladiator, Wilhelm The Enforcer, Nisha The Lawbringer and Fragtrap, the last of which is a combat-ready version of Claptrap.

The four are Handsome Jack's lieutenants, and the game will follow a younger version of the villain as he starts to make a name for himself in pursuit of an alien artifact. Events are meant to take place on Pandora's moon Elpis, as well as in Hyperion's giant H-shaped base, that you may have seen orbiting the planet in Borderlands 2.

In terms of new weapons, a freezing Cryo class is reported to be introduced, while low gravity on Elpis means you'll be equipped with a jetpack to get around. Oxygen takes on an important role as a resource, and you'll have to manage your reserves by looting "Ox-Kits".

A next-gen Gearbox title is expected to be announced this year, though we heard in February that Borderlands 3 isn't in development at the studio.

2K responded to our inquiries with a "no comment". So for now at least, all we've officially got is the upcoming episodic Tales from the Borderlands and the Vita port of Borderlands 2 to keep us occupied.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/07/borderlands-2-prequel-rumoured-for-ps3-xbox-360-and-pc

Not sure how I feel about this to be honest. I very much love Borderlands 2-and still have to finish it-but kind of worried that it won't be as good as the others, or even destroy the story that has already been developed. I mean, we got the sympathetic Jack when we saw what he was trying to do for Angel, but I'm worried this might completely undermine his character as that jackass you love to hate.

Back