Xbox 360 Buddy broke my modded controller

Dinky

I am kind of upset at my buddy because he busted the thumb stick on my controller that I paid to have modded and he didn't even apologize. I realize sometimes you get into the game and all but seriously. The mod wasn't cheap and now I am going to have to go out and buy a new controller and have it modded again. Do you think I should ask him to help pay for it?

If he's a good friend he will chip in to pay for it. Also, a new pair of thumbsticks isn't an option? Evil controllers sells em.

I don;t get what you mean have it modded again? what actually happened just the stick broke?

if you have another controller just pop the case open and switch the thumb sticks?

He has an xbox 360 at his place I'm sure, ask him to hand over one of his controllers and mod that one. He broke it and *should* have felt compelled to make things right, at least that's what a good friend would have done. Exactly what mod did you have done btw?

If he didn't apologize, he's not a true buddy. Tell him politely that you need financial assistance in getting a new controller. If he refuses to help, Karma has a way of getting back at others.

Yup, I agree. If I broke a friends controller, I'd totally buy them a new one. Or, if it can be fixed with parts, ask him to pay for the parts. There's nothing wrong with that IMO.

when you mean mod you mean like rapid fire? I'm still confused.. or those clip on things for ontop of your thumbstick?

Wow, that sucks. I would think your buddy should have offered to pay for it if he busted it. I would certainly make him bring his own controller if you ever plan on gaming with him again.

Yeah it was modded for rapid fire. I can't just get a new thumb stick because it broke in the actual module. I don't know how to replace it myself and I can only imagine it's cheaper to buy a new controller than pay someone to fix it.

Try calling into the place you had it modded and see if it's under warranty or how much it would cost to fix it.

Your friend should at least offer to pitch in on a new one then. I remember many years ago when I accidentally messed up my friend's Guncon. So, I asked him if he wanted me to buy him a new one. Instead, he wanted the latest Madden. So, we went, I bought the game, and that was that. Your pal should offer to do the same. It's his responsibility.

We talked about it and he does feel bad even though it was an accident. He is going to pay for a new one which is awesome. I should have it in a few days when he gets paid so I won't be able to play for a couple days but at least I won't have to scrape up the money myself.

We talked about it and he does feel bad even though it was an accident. He is going to pay for a new one which is awesome. I should have it in a few days when he gets paid so I won't be able to play for a couple days but at least I won't have to scrape up the money myself.

See, now that's a friend right there. Owning up to a mistake he made. Too many "friends" would have just been like "sorry" and that's it. Without even attempting to reimburse the stuff they broke.

Back