Xbox One Bye Bye 360??Oh wait

dyzposableherox

Former Moderator
From
Indiana
Is anyone completely/absolutely done with the 360 when XB1 comes out? I am but my kids are going to take over...probably Minecraft marathons. Only about a handful of my FL is getting xb1. To the rest of my xbox friends I say......ya should of pre-ordered when ya could of. Now they are all running around calling every store on the planet to get a console. Some are almost in tears. Some are planning trips to my house. And some are just crap outa luck. How many of your friends told you they couldn't afford it? I told them to pre-order anyway(it costs nothing on-line), just in case you want one later. And looky looky who is gonna be playing 360 for a few (more than 2) more months. I may jump in to ease their pain.................Nahhhhhh. Anyone else have friends that didn't want one but would do just about anything to get one now???

Honestly for me the only way I can see my self going back will be for Halo and Gears. Just to play the storys of them and stuff. But its going to be hard sice these systems are going to be so much smoother and better performance its gonna be hard to go back. But I dont think ill be completely done, just a console for collectiona nd to jump on every now and then. Also I may have to chat up some of my friends to since there isnt any chat between the 360 to One. But eventually my LIVE friends will get the X1.

Is anyone completely/absolutely done with the 360 when XB1 comes out? I am but my kids are going to take over...probably Minecraft marathons. Only about a handful of my FL is getting xb1. To the rest of my xbox friends I say......ya should of pre-ordered when ya could of. Now they are all running around calling every store on the planet to get a console. Some are almost in tears. Some are planning trips to my house. And some are just crap outa luck. How many of your friends told you they couldn't afford it? I told them to pre-order anyway(it costs nothing on-line), just in case you want one later. And looky looky who is gonna be playing 360 for a few (more than 2) more months. I may jump in to ease their pain.................Nahhhhhh. Anyone else have friends that didn't want one but would do just about anything to get one now???

Keeping one of them for the my teenage daughters room. She mainly uses it to watch movies and TV shows. She does do the occasional game, so that'll be it's new home. All non-slim models will be donated to neighborhood kids or friends kids who want one.

I fully expect to be able to hook my 360 into my One, so I'll still be playing it. I've got a truckload of games to be started, much less finished. I really hope that there won't be too much of an issue if you weren't able to pre-order. Things came up and I couldn't, but I would still like to get one as soon as I get the money. There has to be an overabundance, Christmas will be less than a month after the release!

No way. I'm planning on getting an X1 at launch (if MS gets it to me on time!), but my 360 will still be hooked up.

I figure while the launch titles will keep me busy, there's going to be a gap between those games and say when Titanfall comes out.

Plus, I just bought Diablo 3, NHL 14, and probably will get GTA5 tomorrow too. I'll still be playing those even after X1 comes out. I still have a huge Assassins Creed backlog too. I own 3 AC games that I still need to finish, 2 I haven't even started yet.

So many games... so little time. :cool: I tried to explain to my boss what a crisis I had going on, but he seemed unconcerned??

They'll still be supporting the 360 for a few years. I'm not in a rush. I'm certainly not "almost in tears". You might be a little bit over-dramatic with that remark.

Oh, yeah, I'll definitely be keeping mine. I like to save my old consoles so that I can go back and enjoy the nostalgia from time to time. Also, like the OP, my son will probably try to steal it for his room. He is also a Minecraft addict. He plays it all the time.

I'll still definitely be playing the campaigns of quite a few games on the 360 to finish them. I'm kinda an achievement whore like that, plus I just want to play them for the story. As far as multiplayer, I'll probably stick with the XB1 titles when they come out, as most of my friends are upgrading too, so I'm sure we will have tons of game night on the new console. But since we are getting GTAV and probably Batman, the last 360 that we have won't be going anywhere anytime soon!

Well Dark Souls II is gonna be out for Xbox 360, so that's gonna keep me hanging on, but when I'm eventually done with that, yeah, I'll probably say goodbye to my Xbox 360 forever-ish.

We're not getting the one for probobly a good six months at LEAST, and even then we've got so many 360 games that will only play on that console that it seems a waste to get rid of it until it literally kicks the bucket and no longer works.

They'll still be supporting the 360 for a few years. I'm not in a rush. I'm certainly not "almost in tears". You might be a little bit over-dramatic with that remark.

Actually, It wasnt me who was almost in tears and I was being a bit dramatic. But if you could hear some of my friends that did not pre-order it's actually humorous. It is almost like they lost their first love and dont know what to do.

Actually, It wasnt me who was almost in tears and I was being a bit dramatic. But if you could hear some of my friends that did not pre-order it's actually humorous. It is almost like they lost their first love and dont know what to do.
Haha I get where you're coming from. Preach patience. Show them GTA V videos. They'll make it through.

I probably won't buy XBox One when it first comes out, but I'll be getting it after the new year most likely. Right now I'm in Madden 25 tournament mode, so that's going to preoccupy most of my time. I also just got GTA V so that's what I'm going to be playing for awhile and use it as my break from Madden. I'll also be purchasing Call of Duty: Ghosts as when it's released I'll likely be done with GTA. My reasoning behind waiting on the XBox One is I want to focus all of my energy from now until the Madden Challenge on Madden 25. I feel if I get the XBox One I'll be losing out on a lot of money because I'll want to play on that much more than perfecting my Madden game come tourney time

Its funny. I remmeber an article some where that was saying the BIGGEST competition for these next gen systems...are their current ones. And I think it hold truth to it.

I still have a Sega Genesis I actually play... so that would be a no. Besides which I have too many games lying about to just abandon it. Besides I still have at least fourteen playthroughs of New Vegas to get through and there are at least a couple of hundred achievements I still want and... yeah that would be a no.

I am keeping my 360. There are still great games on it that I will want to keep and if I get rid of it now I wont be able to play them. Sad face.

Its funny. I remmeber an article some where that was saying the BIGGEST competition for these next gen systems...are their current ones. And I think it hold truth to it.

And that is why I hope in regards to gaming, the next three years are a very quick three years. It's time to move on and you can't do it with one foot in the past.

Yeah, and at the same time I am so ready for next gen.. I have grown very tiresome of 8 years of the same console.

Well Dark Souls II is gonna be out for Xbox 360, so that's gonna keep me hanging on, but when I'm eventually done with that, yeah, I'll probably say goodbye to my Xbox 360 forever-ish.

Totally my opinion. This and Grand Theft Auto V will keep my occupied for months (i still play Dark Souls from time to time even after finishing it in any way i can remember) so i will definitely keep it hooked up to the TV.

Back