Can I get someone banned?

nhoelb

From
Asia
I am just wondering if I report someone due to inappropriate language or comments will the gamer ban?. I message many of friends to report a certain gamer tag as well because I want him to be ban. It is normal to hear a lot or curse but this guy got into my nerves.

I would say its pretty hard. I had someone spamming URLs to my gamertag, and that person is still running around doing it. Very annoying!

I know Microsoft does go through all of the complaints and I do know of a few users that have gotten banned, but I would imagine that they have so many to go through that it will probably take a little bit of time to get to it.

I think your complaint would have been enough. Think about it, if you have your friends doing it as well then someone from MS is going to look at all those people who haven't played with said person on a live game recently if at all and question the complaints. On a side note, what did this person do?

It takes a lot to get someone banned. You have to get a bunch of your friends to also complain about this user. I had someone who was harassing my sister and we even called up support, wrote to mods on the Live forums and the best they said was, "Just ignore the person and if they get enough complaints they will get banned." So if someone is just being awful to one person, they are not going to do anything about it. They want them to keep paying for Live so they don't want to ban people left and right.

They see a lot of people getting mad, and a lot of people reporting others, but getting under your skin and doing something worthy of getting banned is quite different.

Did the guy use any racial slurs or say anything about illegal activities and the like? If he did you can probably get him temporarily banned, 48 hours most likely.

it would take a full on racial insult or threats of death for someone to get permanently banned and most of the time things never get that bad.

I think your complaint would have been enough. Think about it, if you have your friends doing it as well then someone from MS is going to look at all those people who haven't played with said person on a live game recently if at all and question the complaints. On a side note, what did this person do?

We are playing Halo4 matchmaking, everything is cool with all the dirty talking as usual. Until this guy started yelling calling me scammer. He demanded that I should refund the points I scam from him. WTF, I don’t even know this guy. I lose my composure and break loose when he threatens to kill me and family. I already contacted MS support and waiting for their reply.

The best thing to do is to get through to Xbox Live on the free phone number, speak to technical support and then say 'other account questions'. Tell the person that answers that you want to speak to their supervisor, then tell them that your 'friend' has been threatening you etc... He will then ask for his Gamer tag, and will ban him for 1 day. Call back saying the same stuff 2 more times and he will be banned FOREVER.

It doesn't hurt to claimthat he was being discriminatory. They take it very seriously

I think if several different people all complain about the same or even different topics. I believe they give several warning before they cut you.

They have to get a lot of complaints. One complaint will not get you banned, unless it's a potential cheater complaint and they happen to look into it that particular time. I've had plenty of people on Xbox Live say something about reporting somebody just because they lost to them and they are upset. You have to assume there are those types of players out there, unfortunately.

Just report him an continue playing. I doubt you'll run into him again.

It would probably take more than just your complaints. If he gets complaints from a couple other people, he might get a warning or something, but I agree, just keep playing, leave where he's at, and I doubt you'll run into him again.

Yes, you can get him banned but it will most likely not be immediate. I think before you get anyone banned, you should try nicely asking the individual to stop using vulgarity. Some people really get into games. A few people often slip. If this person is being a little extreme, see if speaking to him about it helps. You never know if this person will try and retaliate if he finds out that you got him banned. Worst case scenario is if he has no regard for what you have asked of him, then I guess you have really no other choice but to report him. Just make sure your name is kept anonymous.

Back