Xbox One Can I pre order digital games now?

I dont think you can yet. I think they are looking into it so you can put in the code and have it ready at 12:01, but im not usre.

Not yet unfortunately. The feature will be available sometime after launch. Besides you would need the console in order to pre-order or for the XB1 website/marketplace to be up and running.

I think you will need to wait one year from launch for everything to be available to pre-order digitally. Because it takes some time for Microsoft to get everything ready to go digital, the servers and what not, so that when they do that, they don't have any problems.

they said expect more info on that soon. i would say next 4 weeks you will get how all that will go down.

4 weeks puts us at 2nd week in october roughly. thats also roughly 1 month from launch. if microsot wants to take money from gamestop on pre orders or day 1 purchases its going to need to need to make how pre order or limited edition/dlc/pre order bonuses very clear.

right now i am pre ordered on 3 launch games but be sure if i can go digital i will just use my deposit/game money towards the system and move my set aside console money to pre order online.

one of my games is the limited edition forza5... one is bf4 premium the last is assasins creed4. all of which offer dlc or added content.

Games will be made available DAY 1 on any launch day as DD. My wife and I are also going all digital as well. But being able to pre-load it like steam or something, I think we have to wait for tthat.

Hoping it happens. Ive never went digital with games. I'm worried MS will get all of my money

I suppose I can be patient and wait, after all, I will only be able to play one game at a time, won't I? However, I love building up my inventory. I also have a bit of vacation time around Christmas that I intend to use wisely - playing on my new XBox One!

I don't see Microsoft hiring the mind behind Steam and not eventually putting a digital download pre-order system in place.

Back