Original Xbox Can I use a N64 controller for original Xbox?

steam455

Banned
I was wondering if there is some way to get an N64 controller to work on an original Xbox for the N64 emulators? I have a converter thats a male Xbox and female usb. I was thinking maybe I could get a male usb to female N64 port, like what you would use to use a N64 controller to PC. Would that work? Thanks for replying in advance!

I don't think you can I'm afraid, well not that I know of anyway. You could always try searching around on the internet as someone
else may have tried it. If they were successful they may have posted how they did it. Good luck.

I don't think that is possible, but this is just my knowledge. I think you should go search around the internet and find out if this is something you can do. You can go on other forums and ask anyone if they have tried this or if they had had success doing this.

Yeah like everyone else is saying I'm pretty sure that's not possible, but it's a really cool idea nonetheless. I think that would be pretty cool if you could do that as I use my xbox as an emulator.

Im going to say it probley plausible. Ive seen videos of people doing crazy things like daisy chaining together a bunch of 3rd party cross platform controller converters. I even seen one video of a guy doing this where he was able to get a N64 controller to work on the xbox360. Good luck trying to find all the 3rd party cross platform controller converters nessesary to daisy chain them all together though. Ill try to find the link where ive seen this and post it up here for u to check out.

Well, it's too bad, because that would be a pretty awesome thing to do. Even better if they could use a Gamecube controller, to play Genesis games in the Xbox emulator... crazy, but awesome!

I won't say it's impossible, but it'd be quite difficult.You'd have to run trial-and-error and it still may not work.
A third party controller will probably be easier than a regular N64.

As someone previously said, check around the internet and other forums.

I'm a Nintendo fanatic but man, the N64 controller is just awful. I realize many Nintendo 64 games ONLY feel right using that controller, but they are so fickle and they have not aged well. I have 6 N64 controllers and every single one have buttons that stick and loose joysticks. These things are fixable but seriously, it's a pain in the butt.

Back