Xbox One Can you play with PC users too?

rkkeller

Old School casual player.
From
NJ
I have a friend on the computer that loves this game and always wants me to get it.

If I get it for the Xbox One does anyone know if I can join him online, he has a computer????

I always wonder that too... maybe if it's steam or something...

No, crossplay is sadly.. still not a thing.. It really should be at this point..

Nope, you can't. There is no crossplay between platforms of any kind. Even the X1 can't play with players on the 360. It would be awesome to have such a thing implemented. The community is going to be a lot larger. PC wouldn't work since it's got stuff that consoles don't.

Nope, you can't. There is no crossplay between platforms of any kind. Even the X1 can't play with players on the 360. It would be awesome to have such a thing implemented. The community is going to be a lot larger. PC wouldn't work since it's got stuff that consoles don't.

They could keep them synced it's just that they don't want to bother..
It's really not as much work as they like to make it out to be..

Since the dawn of online gaming companies have never ever since ventured on the idea of crossplay. You'd think that this year 2014 we could've at least have the luxury to do that. If that happens though the gaming community would be one hell of a riot, I'm not sure about the complexity of it but I think if there's a service that would allow it, kind of like Origin or something, it would be possible, but then again, it might be more complicated as we thought.

Since the dawn of online gaming companies have never ever since ventured on the idea of crossplay. You'd think that this year 2014 we could've at least have the luxury to do that. If that happens though the gaming community would be one hell of a riot, I'm not sure about the complexity of it but I think if there's a service that would allow it, kind of like Origin or something, it would be possible, but then again, it might be more complicated as we thought.

That's actually not true at all. Numerous games have included cross-platform play online, including Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, Shadowrun, and Portal 2, among others. Portal 2 did it pretty successfully. It's not that hard to do, but it does require agreements from everyone involved, which isn't easy. Technical aspects of cross-platform play couldn't be easier, though, as far as I've heard. I think we'll see a truly successful cross-platform game in the near future, but I doubt it will happen within the next year.

That's actually not true at all. Numerous games have included cross-platform play online, including Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, Shadowrun, and Portal 2, among others. Portal 2 did it pretty successfully. It's not that hard to do, but it does require agreements from everyone involved, which isn't easy. Technical aspects of cross-platform play couldn't be easier, though, as far as I've heard. I think we'll see a truly successful cross-platform game in the near future, but I doubt it will happen within the next year.

Portal 2 has cross platform? How come I didn't know that? Well it still stands that it's not as successful as we wanted it to be, I guess it's got something to do with certain companies making deals or something like that. But I honestly think that cross platform play wouldn't be a thing soon since most of us are just real fanboys. But still, I really wanted to have it more streamlined.

Back