Xbox One Can't get smartglass to connect

krakken03

I'm trying to connect my Smartglass while playing,but it isn't finding my Xbox. I have it set to connect to any Smartglass device in the settings. Does anyone have any additional advice? Both the XB1 and my iPad Smartglass app are signed in under the same Xbox account.

i had an issue earlier.. but my internet went down so it was sorta pointless to try and troubleshoot. i may go on later and try again.. i have an iphone and ipad2 with the smartglass app.

odd thing is i got a mesage about an update but when i went to apps/update it was not avaliable or showed i needed one..

Are they both on the same router? Mine hooked up no problem. I have a wired connection to the XBox and wifi to the iPad I am using for Smartglass, both on the same router. What kind of setup are you using?

I have the same problem with my w8 phone and new cheap laptop I bought to use the smartglass app for bf4. neither will connect, both on same router( my phone uses the wifi on it) and I cant connect. both were able to connect on my 360

You can try turning off then turning on your router connection. You can also restart both the Xbox One and the iPad. Sometimes, the app might not sync with the Xbox One, so you'll have to restart them. If you have a different internet connection, try using that as well.

ok so check it out... i got it working flawlessly while playing assasins creed4 and forza5

open xbox smart glass
login your email/password

the home screen thing will pop up. (you are not connected yet)
right next to the magnifying glass on the top right is a console with 3 bars above it.(click on this)

it will bring down a menu
you want to connect to: xbx-systemOS (when you are connectd it is highlighted in green)
below this after you log in click on the connect automatically/check it.

walla you are connected smartglass.

their is no indicator that pops up on screen that tells you you are logged in like on 360.

Are they both on the same router? Mine hooked up no problem. I have a wired connection to the XBox and wifi to the iPad I am using for Smartglass, both on the same router. What kind of setup are you using?

after tinkering with it it has nothing to do with router.. its a blue tooth connection of sorts.

yup working fine still.. it automatically signs on. takes a few seconds (see the bars come up) used it on netflix and to shut down the sytem to see if it can be done. all in all working great.

after tinkering with it it has nothing to do with router.. its a blue tooth connection of sorts.

Not sure what kind of "tinkering" you did, please explain. If I turn off the wifi on my iPad it does not work and says the app requires an internet connection to work. It then says, "Can't find an Xbox One to connect to. Is your console on, and connected to the same network as Smartglass?" I turned on the blue tooth, it did not work. I turned off blue tooth and turned on wifi and the app connected to the Xbox One. So in my case it would appear it is connecting through the router.

I'm trying to connect my Smartglass while playing,but it isn't finding my Xbox. I have it set to connect to any Smartglass device in the settings. Does anyone have any additional advice? Both the XB1 and my iPad Smartglass app are signed in under the same Xbox account.

I'm having the same problem now. Up until a couple of days ago it worked fine and now my device cannot find the xbox one even though both are on the same network and signed into the same xbox live accounts.

I had the same problem Krakken. Figured it out. I had to download the Xbox One smartglass app...Not the regular smartglass app.

I figured it out for me and hopefully it will help someone else. It was 2 things. One I had the old IOS app, downloaded the new one. Two my wireless network beams a 2.4 GHZ and 5GHZ channel. My phone was on the 2.4 and the Xbox was connected to the 5GHZ channel. I connected my phone to the 5GHZ channel wifi and now all is bueno.

Not sure if you figured this out yet but I had the same problem and the solution was that I had the smart glass app for the 360. You have to download the new xbox smart ass app for Xbox one. Hope this helps! 

Back