Original Xbox Conker: Live and Reloaded

fantanoice

Website
www.dashingforums.com
Did anybody play this game? It was a remake to one of my favourite games of all time, Conker's Bad Fur Day for the Nintendo 64.

I never got the opportunity to play it but I've seen various videos online and amusingly enough it was more censored than the original (despite the Xbox being a more 'mature' console than the Nintendo 64). I think the one thing I'm disappointed about missing out on is the online mode (which has obviously shut down now) because I adored the multiplayer mode on the N64 version. It was insanely good despite it being primarily a single player game, which is a very Rare (see what I did there) thing indeed. My understanding was that it was just the war games in the XBL multiplayer and not the all the fun, quirky ones like the heist game from the N64 one, so can anybody confirm that?

So yeah, in a nutshell, I really liked the original and would have liked to have played this to try the online mode, but that's sadly no longer available so I don't really have any reason to play it at all. How about you, did you have any fond memories of the game?

Conkers Bad Fur Day was one of my favorite N64 titles of all time, if not purely for the fact that it was crude, lewd, and offensive. The "Reloaded" version on Xbox, while graphically superior, did lack the charm that the N64 one had. The censorship also ruined the title a bit for me. Otherwise, a fantastic title!

I haven't played a whole lot of Conker (and I was very late to the party); just a small bit of CBFD, but I'm going to get around to finishing it soon. However, when Live and Reloaded was first released, a friend of mine absolutely had to play it, so I watched him play a good portion of it, and I played some of the multiplayer with him. From what I played of the original game, I prefer it to Live and Reloaded due to the censorship in the latter, because the lewd nature of it is part of the fun. I do believe you're right about the multiplayer for Live and Reloaded, but it was a lot of fun despite missing some of the fun modes from Bad Fur Day.

I'd say Live and Reloaded is one of the few things Rare has gotten right since being acquired by Microsoft, and even it could have been done better.

Conkers Bad Fur Day was one of my favorite N64 titles of all time, if not purely for the fact that it was crude, lewd, and offensive. The "Reloaded" version on Xbox, while graphically superior, did lack the charm that the N64 one had. The censorship also ruined the title a bit for me. Otherwise, a fantastic title!

Totally agreed with you there. Had a lot of fun in multiplayer in both of the games, but for some reason i kept coming back to the N64 version. Maybe because i prefer the original, even if the remake is pretty good too.
The only reason i don't want a remake for the Xbox 360 or One is because they would pretty much end up censoring even more, if that is even possible.

The XBox version was just not as good as the N64 version. If you can't get a hold of the N64 version, then sure play this, but just know that you don't get the full experience without the N64 version. The XBox version changed the multiplayer and removed the swearing in game. It lost a lot of its charm in the process.

Back