Xbox One Console Causing Disc Damage

dentedhalo

Hi

I recently had a damaged game disc that looked like it had been clamped with something... the best way i could describe the damage is it looks like a dent. Its not the kind of damage you could do without some sort of tool, i.e. it couldn't happen by dropping it, or picking it up etc.

When i put the disc in i felt the drive pull it more forcibly than normally but didn't think much of it until the game failed its disc check. I took out the disc and noticed this damage. I obviously know theres nothing i could have done to cause the damage so i assume its been caused when it was pulled into the drive but MS are disputing this.

I dont know a great deal about the drive internals but does anyone know much about the mechanisms and if its plausible for it to have caused this kind of damage or has anyone else had something like this happen? Does anyone have any good information sources i can use as ammunition in trying to persuade MS the xbox caused the damage and they should therefore replace the disc?

Attachments

• 20191203_211058.jpg
    20191203_211058.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20191210_231536.jpg
    20191210_231536.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 2
How long have you had the xbox? You might be able to get it exchanged.

The console itself is 2 years old so they have already said no to that idea... it only happened once and its not happened since so hopefully it was a transient issue but im looking for something to counter their argument the drive couldn't have done it because, in my circumstances, i know thats the only possible cause

Back