Xbox 360 Consoles freezes when starting games.

heavensdevil

Anyone faced with this issue lately? I can't seem to start any game at all when I'm online. The game boots but it'll get stuck at a black screen and I can't do anything other than pressing the home button and turning off the console completely. The only way for me to sign in to Live right now is to start the game offline and then sign in.

Dude I swear the same thing happened to me the other day. I was just simply playing GTA 5 like I normally do when all of a sudden it is like my console just froze and the tv set went black. Now I am thinking that maybe the console just got hot and overheated. After trying to get the game to shut off I have to plug out the console and ever since I plugged it out it hasn't worked since.

Now I see you post something like this. I am beginning to wonder if MS is purposely destroying the console with some type of software so that people would go and buy the new console. Please note that I am just talking and assuming but it is just weird.

People over at Xbox.com forums seem to say that it's an issue with the ads on the dashboard. I just retried and still having the same problem. It's no problem if I stay offline but I want to get on Live. Having to unplug/replug the LAN cable every time is annoying.

I personally haven't had any issues lately and I'm on the original 360 model..

I am really trying to figure out how would I get my own console to work again because the thing is I have been trying to get the console to work for a few days now and nothing that I have been trying seems to be working. So I am wondering if I should just go and get a new console because no matter what I do I cannot get the game to work.

It might be a firmware issue, try a dump, an updat and a hard reboot... should be right as rain afterwards...

I turned on my console after 3 weeks and the issue is gone. Looks like my presumption is correct, it's got something to do with their ads. Ever since they updated the ads, the problem is gone. This isn't the first time the ads caused issues, the last time was freezing while logging in to Live.

Back