Contoller designs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by SiA360, Nov 13, 2011.

1. SiA360

SiA360 New Member

Florida
    Up until today, I wasn't aware that there were different designs of controllers. I knew that there were these little "skins" you could buy that went over your controller, because I've seen them at Best Buy. I was at the mall today and there was a kiosk of Xbox and Playstation controllers and the designers were built into the actual controller itself. I thought they had some pretty cool ones, but I'm not sure I'd ever pay more for something like that. It was just cool, because I didn't even know they existed. There must have been a minimum of 100 different kinds of controllers.

2. Jules

Jules New Member

I didn't know there were different controller designs either. I saw the skins but not different controllers. I am curious about those but will probably never have the money for one. I would like to see different placement for the little joysticks. Sometimes they are a pain the way that they are.

3. bashkel

bashkel New Member

Now joysticks is where I could get in trouble, I miss some old school games. Right now we have some that are great but most are reiterated junk from the past. Who wants to play a junk game that is the same as every other one out there?

4. Zepher

Zepher New Member

I have never seen any game controllers, with designs directly printed on the controller. Has anyone noticed these controllers at their Best Buy, because I never noticed the designer controllers at mine. What kinds of designs were on the controllers, did they have gaming related designs?

5. SiA360

SiA360 New Member

Florida
    How about those old Coleco Vision controllers? Have you even seen those ones? They looked like some old fashioned phone with a joystick on the top of it. It even had a key pad just like a phone. They did have some cool games for it though. Donkey Kong was my favorite for it.

6. pattie

pattie New Member

Looking back at the gaming industry I am happy with the controllers we have now, a phone book style joystick is not my idea of fun gaming time. I wonder what we will be using in the next 20 years.

7. William

William New Member

Well, I've seen various designs of controllers during the past months at my local store. However, not 100, but rather thirty or fourty... I couldn't afford purchasing any so far, but I'm saving up to get some new gaming stuff for Christmas, and I may just set my mind on getting one of those...