Xbox 360 Controller thumb sticks loosen.

heavensdevil

My 360 controller is having an issue where the analog sticks got a bit loose. By that I mean, whenever I'm playing a game the camera will turn slowly even though I'm not touching it. Any of you guys have this problem and is there a way to fix it? Besides this my controller works fine so I don't want to get a new one just yet.

This is a common issue I've had with 360 controllers, it seems to be caused by two reasons:

1) The controller is old and has been used a lot, so it's wear...
2) 360 controllers seem to have no deadzone at all.

When you combine the wear with the lack of a deadzone, the resting position will cause the camera/character to move even if you're not touching the stick at all. It's one of the most annoying damn things ever and I'm so mad about it because a simple option to modify the controller's deadzone would fix it...

I KNOW the issue is caused by the lack of a proper deadzone because on my PC I can customize it and make the resting position not move the camera/character.

So yeah, I don't know of any way to fix it other than buy a new controller that isn't so worn...

I actually like controllers that have no deadzone. I can do more precise aiming when the sticks don't stay dead until a certain angle. Guess I'm stuck with this controller then since I'll probably game more on the Xbox One now.

I have had this issue once myself. I was told by the folks at Gamestop that there was no fix for it and that I had to buya new one. Now, before you stop and say that they just wanted to sell me something, this is a Gamestop in a small town and I am on very good terms with the manager. He's helped me fix a few other things that he could have just made me buy a new one. so I tend to believe him when he tells me that you can't fix it.

Back