Xbox One Cortana is Microsoft's take on Siri

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
I stumbled on a very interesting article this morning:

A feature headed to Windows Phone 8.1 may include Microsoft's take on Siri, which uses a name that references the Xbox's flagship first-person shooter franchise, ZDNet reports.

The feature is apparently codenamed Cortana, a reference to Halo's AI companion. It will reportedly outperform Windows Phone's current voice command capabilities and allow users to interact with the device using natural voice commands, like Apple's Siri and Google's Google Now. ZDNet's sources also suggest that the underlying technology will also appear in other Microsoft products like Windows 8 and Xbox One.

When Microsoft's next-gen console is released Nov. 22, it will include a new Kinect sensor that enables users to interact with the console through voice commands, like "Xbox, watch TV."

This could be a great addition to all Windows products. I currently have a Samsung Galexy and GOOGLE NOW is amazing. The basic concept is that the program is self aware and keeps track of all you do on any device also attached to the program. For example when I browse on my PC using Google Chrome, I can continue browsing on my Android phone and pull up my favorites etc. It also knows where I am so that I get traffic and weather reports and this is all just the tip of the iceberg. My phone knows I'm a patriots fan simply because I looked up the score a few times and now it automatically updates when a game is on. I also once check my stock prices and now as soon as I open my browser it updates me on the ticker. When applied it can listen to what show I'm currently watching so that it can give me breaking news on the show or remind me when its on. If Microsoft can get this kind of function synced between Windows 8, Xbox One, and Windows Phone, it might suddenly be worth being a Microsoft exclusive customer. Not to mention with their acquisition of Nokia that this will continue to better our options.

Souce: Polygon

I'm so tempted to get a Samsung phone. It's between that and the iPhone. I can't decide!

My husband said he'd buy me one for Christmas. I only have a trackfone currently. I have an ipad and an iPod shuffle so I'm not sure if I want an iPhone or to go with something different.

That's good to know! I've got so many apple products, I kinda miss windows!

That would be... cool, i guess. Do i have a holographic beam so i can see her next to me, maybe insert her chip into my car so that she drives it for me while we talk?
The future is now, and is one step closer from being that to driving a warthog.

It would be neat if it was actually Cortana or something. That's what I first thought, when I saw the name of the article.

That would be... cool, i guess. Do i have a holographic beam so i can see her next to me, maybe insert her chip into my car so that she drives it for me while we talk?
The future is now, and is one step closer from being that to driving a warthog.

If Siri had that capability, she'd probobly have people trying to strangle her hologram. She gives some annoying and wrong answers sometimes.

Back