Original Xbox Crazy Taxi

Micci

Anyone a fan of these games? I remember playing them when we played the X-Box a lot. I don't care for them. I see there is a Crazy Taxi 3 game out. Have you played it? Do they get better as more come out?

I've actually never heard of it. What kind of game is it? You just drive around in a taxi trying to pick people up and take them around or something? Or is it a game of chaos where you are racing and destroying things with your car and such?

I've heard of Crazy Taxi. I think it's a speed game where you have to pass other cars. You can also jump over them. There's another game called Crazy Cabbie which sounds a lot like Crazy Taxi.

Crazy Taxi is the only game I ever really played on Game Cube. It's fun enough I suppose. It's a game where you pick people up in your taxi and get them to their location on time. You only have a limited amount of time so you have to be fast.

I loved playing Crazy Taxi, on my gamecube. It has been a long time, since I have played, but I think you could run over stuff too.

I never played it on the gamecube.... sounds like people really like the game though. Maybe I better give it another chance. I'm all about driving fast in real life so maybe if I played more often I would like it.

Crazy Taxi might be a different game than what I was thinking. It sounds like maybe it involves some strategy. Do you have to figure out the best routes to get all the passengers where they're supposed to go within a certain time limit? Or is it basically a racing/obstacle course type of game?

I remember mainly playing this series in the arcade. I am not sure I have ever played a console version. It is a fun series, but I am pretty awful at it.

Still don't know why Sega just doesn't release a Crazy Taxi HD Collection with all the three games for the current consoles and PC, it's not like it would take that much effort. What i find strange is how the iphone version is the only one which has the original soundtrack.

I loved Crazy Taxi to death. I distinctly recall suffocating it to death while it slept with my love. I have to say one thing about this game franchise though: The game on a console did not compare to the game as an arcade. You could buy a steering wheel. You could buy surround sound and lights for your gaming room. No dice. It just could not compare. I loved playing it arcade style. There was something about it. I could say the same for House of the Dead. Standing arcade. The best quarter thief in history next to Mrs. Pac-Man and Soul Calibur.

I've heard of Crazy Taxi. I think it's a speed game where you have to pass other cars. You can also jump over them. There's another game called Crazy Cabbie which sounds a lot like Crazy Taxi.

Erm no. That is a facebook game you are thinking of.

I wouldn't say I have fond memories of the game but I think I played it a lot as a kid. We used played games in an arcade at the time and most of my friends thought I was wasting money on a stupid game where all you had to do was get passengers from one place to the other. I always thought it was pretty fun though.

Man crazy Taxi is a game that makes me nostalgia HARD.
I had the original home version on the dreamcast. It was supposed to be a near 100 percent faithful port of the arcade version.

The game was so much fun. That soundtrack got old quick though

"YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!"

I had the original home version on the dreamcast. It was supposed to be a near 100 percent faithful port of the arcade version.

"YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!"

lol Yep, that got tiring real quick. They seemed to not feel the need to try. I think the guy who would consistently say, "Alright, alright, alright" in that slimy smoker voice of his got old real quick as well. It was reminiscent of that 50 something year old guy wearing Affliction shirts and trying to think of hip cool things to say to the kids at a bar.

"YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!"

Oh damn!! Now I remember why I only thought game was "pretty nice" and not awesome. That stupid soundtrack!! I now remember playing the game at low volume to get those yeah yeahs out of the way. :D

lol Yep, that got tiring real quick. They seemed to not feel the need to try. I think the guy who would consistently say, "Alright, alright, alright" in that slimy smoker voice of his got old real quick as well. It was reminiscent of that 50 something year old guy wearing Affliction shirts and trying to think of hip cool things to say to the kids at a bar.

Yea, and the game wasnt really that deep either. It was a very successful arcade machine but that doesnt always transfer to home games. In an arcade youll get kids who are here for some quick fun, may stay at the arcade for a couple of hours max and even then may be cycling through multiple machines. A game like crazy taxi isnt likely to get old especially since it will probably have more music available than the home version. It also doesnt need to be deep since again, most people wont be playing it for days on end.

In my opinion, it's a fun, mindless game that you can kill time with. It's entertaining but not very challenging. If you are just looking for a game to kill the time with, or if you have your little nephews or nieces over and need to keep them busy, Crazy Taxi is one of those games that you can use for that.

i thought crazy taxi was a dreamcast title.. i am sure its been cros platformed..

either way the game was fun for what it was. super boosts in a giant caddy slidding everywhere driving over everything was always a blast. what i never got thru was all the missions/games.

I've played Crazy Taxi on the Dream Cast, but had no idea it was on the Xbox too. I think any game where you got to rank up money was addicting to me, so I think this was a good title for Dream Cast. If I was to play it now though, it would be pretty boring, Standards change! :cool:

Back