Xbox One Curious About the Xbox One Discs

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
So the Xbox One discs are what have been problems in the past with some games, how will they improve the disc or allow for games to expand storage space without needing to include multiple discs with the game at launch? This is a question that I thought would be solved by making everything downloadable or a streaming like service like Netflix and movies, but we already know that they're going to stick to retail games for now. So I'm interested in learning more about the game discs and how they have been improved for the Xbox One games.

Well, it's gonna be a blu-ray drive this time around which gives you about 50 gigs of potential storage -- that solves that issue. I think also the issue with going all downloads is the fact that not all countries have great internet, and having to wait hours or perhaps even days, does not seem desirable for most users.

Well, it's gonna be a blu-ray drive this time around which gives you about 50 gigs of potential storage -- that solves that issue. I think also the issue with going all downloads is the fact that not all countries have great internet, and having to wait hours or perhaps even days, does not seem desirable for most users.

I didn't even think about the Blu-Ray Discs. That changes the game I guess. Thanks!

Well, maybe we will get Metal Gear Solid 4 this time?
Let's hope that this will bring less disks to the system (read Final Fantasy XIII).

I wouldn't mind having multiple discs. Seeing as we have to install the games to our hard drive anyway we only have to switch the discs once.

Blu-ray of course helps but I actually don't mind switching the discs. It makes me know that this is a huge game and I really get hyped about it. It may be a pain, but I don't really mind.

I hope that by using high capacity discs, that the HDD can be saved so that it does not get filled up quickly. I think this is a problem with the PS3 and 360. I think 50Gig is going to be enough to manage most games though, but those pesky updates sure know how to fill a hard drive quick.

Back