Xbox One Current Gaming Headphone with Next Gen Controller Mic Connection

DrewDaBear

I was just wondering, with the new controller coming out for the Xbox one, will the current headphone mic jack in the controller work the same?

I currently have a set of 7.1 Surround Sound Turtle Beach headphones, and I think when looking at the new controller the headset connection portion to chat looks different. So I was wondering do we need to get new gaming headphones in order to use the chat feature with the new xbox one controller.

I was just wondering, with the new controller coming out for the Xbox one, will the current headphone mic jack in the controller work the same?

I currently have a set of 7.1 Surround Sound Turtle Beach headphones, and I think when looking at the new controller the headset connection portion to chat looks different. So I was wondering do we need to get new gaming headphones in order to use the chat feature with the new xbox one controller.

As of right now you cant. But I do believe that 3rd party companies are making an adaptor for it so you can.

3rd party in the works. Microsoft also said they're looking into it. You can still use them for surround sound via the optical connection. For chat there's always the included headset.

Back