Xbox 360 Deadly Premonition

jbeavis100

I have to say this was probably one of the biggest surprises of last gen. From first looks you'd think it was terrible but when you really try to get into it you realize that a REALLY good story is there and that the gameplay really isn't that bad after you get used to it. How many of you guys have played it and what do you think? One thing that comes to mind about it is the fact that it was one of the few games last gen to have the character sleep UNDER the cover instead of over it.

I have to say this was probably one of the biggest surprises of last gen. From first looks you'd think it was terrible but when you really try to get into it you realize that a REALLY good story is there and that the gameplay really isn't that bad after you get used to it. How many of you guys have played it and what do you think? One thing that comes to mind about it is the fact that it was one of the few games last gen to have the character sleep UNDER the cover instead of over it.

I haven't played it myself, but I have watched the Two Best Friends playthrough of it, which I believe you have as well considering your comment of sleeping under the covers. The thing is, it is terrible. It's just that it's so terrible that it loops around into being pretty damn good

I haven't played it myself, but I have watched the Two Best Friends playthrough of it, which I believe you have as well considering your comment of sleeping under the covers. The thing is, it is terrible. It's just that it's so terrible that it loops around into being pretty damn good

Haha, picked up on that did you? I watched their playthrough first and I just picked it up on Steam on PC during the summer sale so I'm really enjoying it.

I played this game a while ago, before the PS3 port was even announced. It's a very damn unique game. Being able to stalk NPCs is fantastic! The story is insane and the quirky characters are fantastic. Too bad the shooting gameplay sucked (the director didn't even want to put it in, but the publisher insisted it would attract the western audience or something dumb like that). Sure, it's not completely terrible, but it's pretty meh. The driving is also flawed but... everything in the game is flawed in some way and those flaws are kinda what make it all so great, it's odd.

I haven't gotten around to playing the PC port though, but I grabbed it on a bundle for like... $5 or something? That's an excellent price for Deadly Premonition itself but I also got some other games with it, good stuff. I did hear it has some memory leaks, though...

Haha, picked up on that did you? I watched their playthrough first and I just picked it up on Steam on PC during the summer sale so I'm really enjoying it.

It was the bit about sleeping under the covers that tipped me off

I didn't know there was a Two Best Friends Play series on Deadly Premonition, I'm gonna have to check that out, hahaha.

While I do not think it's a great game I do quite enjoy it, Deadly Premonition is definitely a game that will grow on you overtime.
The story is kind of dumb and clearly takes from Twinpeaks but I think it is quite interesting and funny how it plays out, also just some of the glitches are just way way too amazing. Also I really love the music in the game.

While I do not think it's a great game I do quite enjoy it, Deadly Premonition is definitely a game that will grow on you overtime.
The story is kind of dumb and clearly takes from Twinpeaks but I think it is quite interesting and funny how it plays out, also just some of the glitches are just way way too amazing. Also I really love the music in the game.

Did you beat the game yet? The final chapters are great.

I haven't played it myself, yet I have viewed the Two Best Friends playthrough of it, which I accept you have too considering your remark of resting under the spreads. The thing is, it is unpleasant. It's simply that its terrible to the point that it circles around into being really damn great

Its a way underrated game to be sure, often when you see games like these not doing well, its due to poor marketing strategies...

This game has become some cult classic. It's one of those it's so bad it's good game. I played the game when it first came out. The start gives a really bad first impression, if you can get past the first two hours then the story really picks up. Also, the game is so weird it's actually quite scary.

This game has become some cult classic. It's one of those it's so bad it's good game. I played the game when it first came out. The start gives a really bad first impression, if you can get past the first two hours then the story really picks up. Also, the game is so weird it's actually quite scary.

It's not really a BAD game.. more a..mistimed game.. If this game had come out on PS2 as originally intended I think it would have gotten alot of praise..

It's not really a BAD game.. more a..mistimed game.. If this game had come out on PS2 as originally intended I think it would have gotten alot of praise..
Yeah, I agree with you. The game is good, only that it was released at the wrong era of gaming. I remember that people used to love this kind of games during the PS2 days. Too bad, gamers' preference have changed a lot ever since games like COD 4 and Gear of War came out.

Yeah, I agree with you. The game is good, only that it was released at the wrong era of gaming. I remember that people used to love this kind of games during the PS2 days. Too bad, gamers' preference have changed a lot ever since games like COD 4 and Gear of War came out.

I wish that wasn't the case, I enjoy third person story games more so than most and I've honestly got tired of playing FPS games...

Back