dealing with ea/origin oh my.

sc_shark

well today i had to get in a chattwith ea directly.

basically my email addresses did not link up with gamertage and origin online. it took a good 30+minutes of typing back and forth but i got it all sorted.. this can only be done mon/friday during pacific time zone. if on weekends its overseas help who cant do anything specific or anything that involves account... i tried on sunday.

all in all it wasn't horrible but it wasnt easy.. i would have rather a phone call than thru a chat program.

I've run into trouble with Origin before, and it can be quite frustrating. I can see how some people would become frustrated towards EA for their DRM service, but it's not completely bad. I find it to be very similar to Steam when it comes to quickly launching games, which is nice. Also, I have actually had positive experiences with EA customer support. One time I had to contact them because an old game wasn't installing properly, and they were able to give me an activation key to use as a digital download, which was very nice.

I've heard some horror stories about Origin and the poor customer support, so I try to stay clear of Origin games. I generally stick with Steam for PC gaming. It's simple and the one time I've had to deal with support was pleasant and easy so I can't praise them enough.

I was so pissed with Origin that when I can't get things to work, I just went straight to Piratebay and download a crack. Its easier to just do it illegal than to deal with EA's crap. I bought Mass Effect Trilogy and Mass Effect 1 doesn't even want to launch, unless you patch it.

Origin can be a bother at times. If EA is insistent on people using Origin they need to make sure it works and that games at least load. There was a reason Nintendo didn't go through the deal with Origin. It cost them EA titles, but it was better than having Origin take over their console.

I was so pissed with Origin that when I can't get things to work, I just went straight to Piratebay and download a crack. Its easier to just do it illegal than to deal with EA's crap. I bought Mass Effect Trilogy and Mass Effect 1 doesn't even want to launch, unless you patch it.

When it comes to Origin, getting a crack is the best option. Origin is like a middle man who does his job wrong most of the time.

When it comes to Origin, getting a crack is the best option. Origin is like a middle man who does his job wrong most of the time.

I know man! It's like they made Origin to intentionally piss you off. I already bought the game, I threw my hard earned money at their doorstep now let me play the game! I miss the days where you can just buy a game install it and then play it.

Back