Xbox 360 Desperately need help!

applause04

My xbox just recently broke down and i have the 3 RLOD. I've reapplied a layer of thermal paste but that didn't work. I need suggestions as to how i may be able to fix this.

note: Nothing on my xbox runs. The fan remains still even when on and i can't open the tray

Did it run at all before you opened it up? If so, you may have damaged your motherboard while trying to replace the X-Clamp. By chance are you getting a 0002 error code? If so, you may have a possible short.

Here's a link to a good tutorial on replacing the X-Clamp and the processor clamp, if necessary. Link

Here's a link to some info on the fan/tray not working (0002 error code) Link

I hope this helps. Let us know if/how you ended up fixing this!

I only opened it up BECAUSE it stopped working. And I had followed that exact tutorial on replacing the x-clamp but i'm not entirely sure if I have the 0002 error code. All I know is that when i press the small button on the xbox it goes to all four lights flashing and then to one of the four lights flashing if this even means anything.

First post you said three red rings and now it's four...I'm not sure what error code you have. Check out this link. Once you know that, you'll have a better idea of what is wrong. Here are two other links that may help first link second link.

Nooooo... I said when I press the small "connect controller" button (I think) it goes from 3 lights flashing to 4 after pressing it and to 1 after pressing it again

I think i know whats wrong with my xbox. I believe it has the e74 error from what ive seen so im trying the heat gun method to try and repair it

Fun fun! Let me know if you're able to fix it. Glad to hear you were able to figure out what was wrong. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can fix it. We have two old style xboxes (with HDMI) that thankfully (knock on wood) haven't died yet.

Back