Xbox One Destiny Beta: Are you getting in on the action?

troutski

So who is playing the Xbox One Destiny Beta at the moment? I saw about an hour of gameplay, but I'm honestly not that interested in the game, and I don't plan on buying it. It seems like a solid title. I won't buy something I'm not highly impressed with, though, and this game isn't cutting it for me. Have you played the beta?

i had 0 intrest.....
i seen it on gold for free(beta) so i got it.

needless to say i have played it almost all weekend... im maxed out but grinding the crap out of the explore mode. you can basically grind it till you max out the entery level... im proably half way thru what i can do or max out in level 8+ abilities in level 8 or what they have capped in the beta..

i am to the point i can walk into all but 2 areas and take anything on... it probably helps i know the artificial intelligence spawn spots... once you have run 15 ofthe explore missions you will understand what drops where and how the enemies move.. they move the same every time :( i really like the oddity mission's the ones where you can get tripple gold stars... u really do need 2-3 level 8 players to get gold. past that i can walk into level 9-10 guys and take charge.. you will figure out run and gun is the best way...

the 2 areas i have walked into that i basically got killed with the quickness were where level 20 enemies were at.. and stacked.. even elemental and the high end weapons are immune to them. or they resist..

i could see myself buying the game if my game/beta player transfers over...

I played the Beta pretty much all weekend, I first played as a Titan and levelled to lvl 8. I mostly did just the missions but when i was able to get enough people in a squad i tried out the raid/strike (cant remember which one it was) . It was pretty crazy, we didnt end up completing it, i think we all died lol. On the last day of the Beta i made a new Hunter character and well i think i like the Hunter better.. They seemed to move faster and jump higher ? I have yet to try out a warlock character, im sure i will when the game releases.

Im super excited for this to come out, always have been but after playing the Beta i am so much more excited for it.

Ive heard all the latest stuff like theres only one location per planet and all the worried people posting about a lack of content but im not fussed by all this, Destiny will have a lot of content and while the one location per planet (earth = old russia) is a bit of a let down im still so hyped for it.

Maybe ill see some of you guys in game.

I don't think we'll have to worry about a lack of content for Destiny. I'm not as excited about it as other people, but the game is solid in just about every aspect possible. There's no reason that it can't be a great game when it comes out, but a lot of people, myself included, don't think that it breaks out from all the other similar titles enough. It's a solid game, but it's not absolutely incredible for genre standards. I'll probably put 30 or more hours into it when it comes out. I can't see myself sticking with it for more than a few weeks, though.

content is a honest worry... think of the numbers of players that potentially will be on... the fact it is multilayer and one world.. this leaves a situation where you have a possibility of 1000's of people on a map... thats allot of clutter... and allot of weeding thru people to get thru missions or even better yet what about those side missions(green stick) thru the explore area??? you have to kill a percentage of people in an area.. it will get beyond frustrating seeking out enemy's where people can take the kill...

i could see if the server/map could/would hold say 500 people... but i dont think that's the case.

Back