Xbox One discuss drivatars... forza5

sc_shark

[video=youtube;HIi1aSpJLRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HIi1aSpJLRQ#at=221[/video]

it is the buzz surrounding forza5... a non shadow or ghost based ai system..

gone are the days of 10 cars following the same line... one of the most unrealistic racing aspects of racing games to me. the train line of cars in a row following the suggested line... developer says it takes your driving style and adapts it to tracks. i am sure the general suggested line will still be followed but u may not follow it as tightly..

if your not a racer or care much about track days it may not mean much.. this is really a revolutionary feature in my eyes. with square turning for blocking and setting up for a corner this could really slow down majoy progress in a career mode...if you are racing similar players who are running similar times and styles the days of winning races by 10+ seconds should be eliminated..

this may also encourage players to really concntrate on a car/setup/track and stick to it to build their driver ai system to really dial in for offline winning. for me Tsukuba Circuit was my favorite track. it has straight for mid speed runs.. a few really tight turns with slight banking and off keil turns.

it does sound like with your driviatar your character will always be playing even when your offline earning u money and such..

my worry so far and no one has talked about it is the drifter aspect of the game... allot of people set cars up for it...if it is learning your style of racing and your trying to drift and not race will it bunch you in a race and possibly cause issues with matching ai opponents. nothing wrong with joking around or setting a car up for it.. but its no place for circuit races.

Car AI has had to go through a revamping for a while. But should they style themselves off of your driving? Or something a bit more random and unpredictable? I don't want people racing like me, I want people racing like others, a challenge as opposed to predictability.

Car AI has had to go through a revamping for a while. But should they style themselves off of your driving? Or something a bit more random and unpredictable? I don't want people racing like me, I want people racing like others, a challenge as opposed to predictability.

the drivaratar is going to be styled off your driver specifically it will stick with your name thru the game. it will be random to the point where the guy in la with the game drives completely diffrent than you... the cloud/servers/ai system stores how he drives and tailors his off line character to his racing style and when your in a race and get paired with him and others it will mimmic hat they would do on the track. i would say it will be allot less predictable than any racing game to date in that aspect. think of playing forz4 and in last place.. every car follows a exact line i dont think that will be the case now.

Back