Xbox 360 Disk "holder"?

w3bm4st3r

I'm having an issue w/ my X-box 360. Every once in a while the disk holder won't come out when you hit the eject button on the console. You can hear the little motor going or w.e but it just doesn't move. My girlfriend has resorted to sticking a butter knife in and wedging it out, which obviously is not a good idea, and eventually it comes out. Then other times it just comes right out like nothings wrong. IDK what's up but I was curious if anyone else had similar issues and if it can be fixed relatively easy? I don't really want to buy a new XBOX 360 for something as dumb as the holder in the CD drive being stuck. I'm sure that the butter knife thing is making it worse, but like I said it works fine sometimes.

Any ideas???

that happens to me sometimes too, just tap the face of the tray with a little force and it'll open up

Make sure the tray is on the tracks properly first then if it still doesn't work then buy some compressed air (keyboard spray) and spray it on the gears. If that does not help and you don't mind voiding your warrantee go to http://whitney05.hubpages.com/hub/Take-Apart-An-XBOX-360 and spray (silicone oil) on some key parts that move the tray (Not Reccomended). ¡DO NOT SPRAY THE LASER! Again it is not reccomended you do this as it may kill your Xbox but if you are desperate you may want to try it. Remember you can always head over to GameStop or BestBuy to get it fixed. I hope that helps.

Make sure the tray is on the tracks properly first then if it still doesn't work then buy some compressed air (keyboard spray) and spray it on the gears. If that does not help and you don't mind voiding your warrantee go to "URL" and spray (silicone oil) on some key parts that move the tray (Not Reccomended). ¡DO NOT SPRAY THE LASER! Again it is not reccomended you do this as it may kill your Xbox but if you are desperate you may want to try it. Remember you can always head over to GameStop or BestBuy to get it fixed. I hope that helps.
Are places like gamestop/bestbuy pretty reasonable about fixing consoles or is it expensive? It really won't kill me to get a new one, but i'd hate to waste the money when it works perfectly besides the drive not always opening. I'll try the other methods you suggested first and go from there. Thanks for the replies guys

I would say take it apart, carefully of course, then tinker around with it a bit. Also, it's a disk tray not holder.

Back