Do you actually buy PC games?

Tofu

We live in a time where you really don't have to pay for a lot of stuff because of the internet. You either don't have to pay, or you don't have to pay full price for things. So, I was just wondering, does anybody on here pay for all of their PC games or just download them for PC use?

The last game I pirated was Skyrim and that was only because of how excited I was to play it but had no money at the time. Now I have a legit copy on my steam account.

I'm willing to pirate old games. I have copies of Jedi Academy, Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 on my external. However, I never pirate new games as the money made with those games is what guarantees that the developers behind it will keep their jobs and continue being able to make games. If you enjoy a game and like the developer, wouldn't you prefer to support them monetarily?

And since Steam makes everything so convenient, and in many cases cheap, there's really no excuse to not buy games if you have an income. It's a pain to get certain newer cracked games working properly anyway.

The last game I bought - and would buy again if it was available on Mac, is Age of Empires, the multiplayers on there were awesome! some of the best gaming days I've had were on Age of Empires! I still know the cheats off by heart "robbin hood"

Now I just play browser based games if I'm bored - for hardcore gaming, It's my beloved xBox LOL

My cousin and I love steam games -- you know, those 'hidden object' games. We played the computer version of GTA San Andreas too. My favorite game.

We usually download the free 1 hour trial. It was horrible when it ended, but eventually we found PIRATING, and everything was glorious again!

Yes, I buy my games. I think there is a big misconception about PC gamers, as we are all "pirates", but we really are not. One of the great things about PC gaming on my opinion is that you can play online so easily, but you have to pay for the games then. So, yes, I buy my games.

I have never bought any PC games. I do not think I would be interested in playing them. I do not play often enough I should say.

I have purchased several PC games when I was a kid. I do not buy PC games anymore. I know lots of people who buy virtual items and games online. I do not like to download games because I do not like glitches or possibly downloading viruses. I think good work deserves to be rewarded.

If I still played on PC, I would support games I played by paying. It's something that I've always been accustomed to do, and even with the power wouldn't. People put their effort into a project. Give back like they gave to you.

Yeah, a lot of them actually. I blame Steam.

Those special sales... how could i resist such low prices?

I must admit that I pirate lots of games, but I also buy games. I think it's around 50/50 on how much I buy and how much I pirate, which I'm totally fine with, seeing as how a lot of games these days run with the uniform price, but at the same time offer so little play time it's ridiculous. No way am I shelling out 60 euro for a game that has about 5-6 hours of gameplay. I could buy weed with that money and it's gonna last me way longer than that.

I mostly download games for free on the Internet for my PC to be honest. I only purchase games for the PC if I don't find a site that offers a free download for that game. I know that it's piracy but hey what can I do? I only have limited moolah.

I usually pay most of the time. But I always look for discounts or deals before buying a game. Unless I really want it, I will hold off from buying it until it goes on a sale.

I never buy my PC games, most of the time I just download them online and that's it, but if it's a really great game that I must have, I might reconsider my not paying for it, That's if my pal or neighbor hasn't bout it yet of which case I simply borrow. Don't get me wrong though, I ain't stingy :rolleyes:

I always buy the games. Sometimes, I play old games at my friends' house. I only buy the new games on online where I get low price. I bought the last three pc games from kingcpu.com and saved some money :)

I don't really play many games because my computer specifications are pretty poor to be honest. I would tend to download them though if I could, but I know that many games are hard to get and you also run the risk of infecting your machines with viruses/spyware etc,

All games I really play on PC are indie games and I like to support indies. They are cheap enough, anyway. Plus, all those crazy bundles and stuff...

Since Free2Play games are already abundant, I tend to go with those games on PC and have never bought one since NBA2k13 and I am looking forward that my next purchase would be 2k14, but I doubt if its for the PC that I would buy or for Xbox.

To name some of the Free2Play games are League Of Legends, DC Universe Online, Heroes Of Newerth, those are just a few of the most popular Free2Play games out there.

Yeah, I buy PC games. Steam is great for this purpose - their frequent sales and bundles means I can usually get games for great prices. Unless the game is console exclusive or I really want it on launch day (in which case I'll get it on X360) I'll usually wait until it goes on sale on Steam to pick it up.

I have been know to occasionally get a dodgy copy but 90% of the time I buy games.

Back