Xbox 360 Do you buy used games?

SteeelWoool

I don't, since most of the games I buy are preordered so I can get my fancy bonus. Plus, some people just take terrible care of their games. I've actually heard of someone finding a certain brown colored thing you'd find in a bathroom smudged in the manual, I am NOT kidding.

I've actually heard of someone finding a certain brown colored thing you'd find in a bathroom smudged in the manual, I am NOT kidding.

And this was sold at a store??? I buy almost exclusively used games, I allow myself a couple of new ones a year, the rest I wait until the price has gone down. Most stores have a pretty rigid policy when it comes to selling quality used games.

I love buying new games but most of the time I buy used games because I usually find incredible deals for games that recently came out. But of course it's all preference.

I also prefer to purchase used games. It simple due to the pricing increases over the years. I normally wait until the second price drop (more than 5$). Another thing is that while the price of games go up, the quality and replayabilty seems to go the opposite direction. As for the brown substance -- ewwwww --- I normally go to BestBuy or Gamestop and have not run across that. If I did, there would be a refund and credit for the amount I spent due to health hazards; or worse.

When I was younger I always got pre owned games because I just loved deals where it was like 3 games for £10 but now when I have to buy it out of my own pocket I rarely buy pre owned or even new games unless I hear something really good about it I won't buy a game. In 2 years I've only brought Skyrim and fallout NV then got a couple others for things like christmas and birthdays. I do really miss going into Game or Gamestation and looking through loads of games for one that looks good. Thinking about it now I really want to go to a game shop and just browse through everything like old times!

I've actually heard of someone finding a certain brown colored thing you'd find in a bathroom smudged in the manual, I am NOT kidding.
Ooooooooooh, man! Holy shit hahahaaaaa. Man, the things that people do...

Anyway, no, I usually buy new. If I'm cheap, I will wait for a price drop but still gonna buy it new instead of used.

I never bought anything used. I don't know where that went before passing through my hands, but it's not that much as is the feeling of getting something completely new.

You get home with your new game, in this case, and you tear the fabric plastic protecting it, and you marvel at that wonderful piece of cover with no fingerprints on. You open the the case and everything is nicely packaged, with that strong smell of plastic.

Love it, won't ever trade it for anything used.

Always buy used games. Gives me a chance to play some of the recent titles without spending over $50 on it. I'll spluge on a new game once in a while but it has to be one that is so complately mind blowing I will just have to have it.

While that sounds like quite the disgusting story, I almost always buy used games. They're way cheaper and work just fine, and even if they don't Gamestop will give me a replacement free of charge provided that I have the receipt. I'm not shelling out extra money for plastic, a piece of security tape i have to get a knife to slice open and an instruction manual. I'll only very rarely buy a new game, and it's probably when it just came out, because there weren't any used copies yet.

No I don't and I don't intend to. I usually pre-order my games or buy brand new games. preowned games usually don't have all the contents which it's supposed to have in the case, some don't have a case when purchasing them and others could be faulty and you wouldn't even know it by looking at it.

I used too before the whole online passes thing, but.....ya....damnit ....Anyway, I don't now as well the stores around me don't really have a good selection of used. @OP that manual story is some messed up (cue the sunglasses) hahaha

I tend to buy games new, but will find myself getting a used game at times. You can get some good deals on used games actually. I know most of the used games I've gotten were in great condition.

I guess it may just be my luck though. :D

If it's a title I can no longer find then yes, I will. If it's a new title then no. I'll just buy it new, brand new, and sealed. No sense in taking chances on a brand new title when it's like right there for purchase at any online retailer. But some titles are harder to find or aren't sold in many stores brand new anymore. Older titles mostly.

Not really, I just trade games with my friends or wait until they lower the retail cost. Just got resident evil and marvel vs capcom for 25$, so, you could say waiting has it's advantages if you don't want to buy used.

I'm not much on waiting. I'm a very impatient person, especially when it comes to a game that I want. So I end up spending a lot on X-BOX games but luckily I'm picky. So that saves me a lot of money against my penchant for buying games on the very day they're released.

Be careful where you go when you buy them. I always go to places where I can return them. They may get a bad rap sometimes, but the one time I've had a bad experience with a used game, I returned it with no problems. Came home with a different disc, same game within five minutes.

I like to buy games right when they come out. If a game has been out for long enough to buy the games "used," I immediately lose interest in the game because there are other people out there who are way better than me and it's kind of pointless in my eyes.

That's only because I like to game competitively and casual gaming with games that are campaign-focused really aren't for me. I like having the competitive edge :)

I don't. Sure it's cheaper, but there's a feeling I get when I buy a brand new game. A little extra $5 won't hurt.

Buying games used is sometimes the best option.

Especially if you want to get a game that is hyped to the extreme. Then it only flops or people talk trash about it. I know of a lot of games that came out at $30-$50. Only a month later you could get them used for $15-$20.

Back