Xbox 360 Do you need Xbox Live to play Minecraft?

mineman333

So do you have to buy xbox live to git minecraft because i really have bad internet plus i can not git xbox live i have no $$$ so if you can help me please add a comment :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't buy Minecraft in stores as it's only available via Xbox Live download. All you need is Silver account (free) and I believe it's 1600 microsoft points (or if you have paypal/credit card you can purchase doing that method). The size of the game is 113.21 MB, so really it's not a big download. Any more questions feel free to ask!

So silver is free and come whith it? And you do not have to have a payed xbox live gold? Thank.

Yep. Silver is free. All you do is sign up with Xbox Live (either from your console or Xbox.com) fill in your details, gamertag etc. And then you are automatically Silver.

Gold memberships add online play, certain demos that are only available to Gold subscribers, and that's really it. If you want to play Minecraft with people online, then you need Gold, but if you want to play it by yourself or split-screen with somebody next to you, you can also do that on Silver.

Back