Do you still play hours on end ?

Qqq

I own an Xbox now so I don't use the PC much, but there are still some games I could play and forget I need to sleep and eat. Do you still play for hours on your PC and forget you have a life ?

Last edited:
Now this is a question! :D To be honest, I was never like this. True, there were some games which kept me in front of my PC for hours, but I was never that caught by them, to forget that I have a life.

Last edited:
It really depends on what type of mood I am in. Last night I did a few runs with the guys and played until about 10:30 or so but other days I might just skip the idea of playing anything (PC or console).

I agree with madmike here. Some days, especially if I have to get up early to work the next day, I don't play at all or only play for an hour at most. Then, other days, I can get into a game and find that 3 or 4 hours have passed by without me!

No. If I think well, last time I played a game hardcore style was when San Andreas was out, but not even then I wasn't forgetting about my life. Most of the time wasted playing was during the night..

I used to play The Sims for 6-7 hours on weekends. I sat on my chair and started to play and got so caught up in the game I stopped when it got dark outside. Those were fun times but I don't do that anymore now.

As Abe would want me to be honest I can only say that sometimes I have my moments. Some women I know hate the idea of gaming but I love it. While they are off painting their toes I am busy killing whatever is in front of my scope. :)

TitiLittle - I'm right there with you about those Sims games!! To be such a simple game (in theory) they are incredibly addictive!!

Darbella - I like to paint my toes and THEN get busy lining them up in front of my scope - that way my toenail polish has a chance to dry! ;)

Personally, I can definitely pass some hours by in front of the TV or computer, playing games. I try to keep it in check though, and get all of my "To-Do" list done first.

When I was a about 16-20 years old, I would play hours on end on my game console. I had a PSX and a PS2 during that span and I would sacrifice my studies just to play video games. Now that I have work, I rarely have the time to play. I do have an Xbox 360 and have a lot of games on my PC but I'm having a hard time squeezing some decent playing time in my hectic schedule. I try to play at night but I can only stay up for about 30 minutes before I fall asleep due to exhaustion.

I always say to myself "this time I'll only play for a couple of hours, tops!" but it's never the case. It's like a force I can't explain ;) I always end up playing through the night, especially on weekends.

I used to be that person that could play for hours on end. Pulling all day-ers, all night-ers, etc. But I can't do that anymore. Even if I wanted to, life brought on responsibilities that make extensive gaming take a backseat.

I now work on hours on end. I used to play the entire night when I was a teen just to wake up the next morning with sored eyes.

I now work on hours on end. I used to play the entire night when I was a teen just to wake up the next morning with sored eyes.

Yeah, funny how life and responsibility find a way of creeping into our hobbies huh

I used to be that person that could play for hours on end. Pulling all day-ers, all night-ers, etc. But I can't do that anymore. Even if I wanted to, life brought on responsibilities that make extensive gaming take a backseat.
Amen to that! There are a few games that I haven't been able to put down until I beat them, but they are few and far between. Bioshock and Assassin's Creed 2 for example. My husband and friends wanted to go out to the bar for drinks one evening and all I wanted them to do was leave me alone so I could keep on bonding with Ezio. I have too much going on IRL to let a lot of games hook me like that.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I'm interested on how many hours you guys play. I usually wake up everyday at about 8-9 AM and just turn on my PC. I can play up to 10 hours without taking any breaks at all, aside from bathroom or food breaks.

No :( I'm finding life a lot more important now days! I used to however play DotA for days straight... Literally went once without sleep for 3 days. Probably the best weekend. EVER.

-Paul

Oh, indeed that happens a lot to me. I just recently got into Payday: The Heist, and I've actually gotten to the point that I'm done with online multiplayer, and actually bought the game for 3 of my friends so we can do co-op in it. I also did Sniper Elite V2 in one run, spanning 6 hours.

Back