Xbox One Do you still trust Microsoft (Xbox One)

You also have to factor in the different publishers and their nonsense. I know a lot of people have a problem with EA, but I've never personally been affected by the things they complain about. I don't care for the DRM stuff they're getting into, especially because I've never pirated games or anything like that, and yet I feel like I'm being punished for things over people do.

I hated having to enter those codes just to play online. Even though I had a code with the game, its a pain in the butt to type it in when you don't have a chatpad xD

Sony might as well have hired hackers, they done almost nothing to prevent it, and got fined because of it! Sony will never get my CC information again. I find it really funny you think a person needs to be rich to own a X1. At least MS was trying to stop pirates from stealing games, Sony just plain chickened out.

...Is this turning into a "yo mama" thing? Whatevas man - my point is Sony screwed up, but Microsoft is trying to screw gamers. No physical discs, no used copies, always on high-speed internet, Live, need to check-in, etc. many of these things are possible for most people never mind the initial cost of the system (100 dollars more than Sony). That's why people were complaining - in today's economy most of this just wasn't/isn't possible. So yeah. Also... be civil man - you aren't married to Microsoft.

I would still be a Microsoft fan, considering I have an xbox 360. But I'm not gonna buy one right now. All of the newest consoles always have bugs, so I'm not gonna risk it. I'll buy it once it's a little cheaper and there's less risk of a bug :)

I didn't like the code thing, either. I had a lot of trouble with Mass Effect 2 because my BioWare accounts were completely screwed up and my gamertag was on the wrong one. I eventually figured it out, but it was a huge pain and only barely worth the effort.

In a nutshell? No, I don't really trust Microsoft. They openly tried to screw over gamers and have basically been trying to cover themselves in the weeks since E3. I think the Xbox One is shaping up to be a fine console, but it's still worth considering that, well, they absolutely would have employed the DRM policy if they could have gotten away with it. Comments like "If you don't have a stable internet connection, don't buy an Xbox One" really just leave a bad taste in my mouth. I have no idea what their PR department is even thinking, at this point.

I would still be a Microsoft fan, considering I have an xbox 360. But I'm not gonna buy one right now. All of the newest consoles always have bugs, so I'm not gonna risk it. I'll buy it once it's a little cheaper and there's less risk of a bug :)

Heh, I will definitely second that. This applies to both X1 and PS4.

Not just hardware issues, though... consoles usually have pretty terrible launch line-ups and it takes a while for the really good games to come out. I feel that buying it early would be like buying a dust collector, basically.

I have lost all of my trust in Microsoft a long time ago! I haven't had any trust in Microsoft or any of their gaming consoles, after they released their first Xbox 360. They were so busy trying to compete with Sony, and try to release the 360 before the PS3, that the 360 did not even work properly, until about 2 years ago! I also dont like where Microsoft is heading when it comes to sharing the games that you have. I've been a Sony Playstation fan for quite some time now, and I dont think that's going to change any time soon!

Great post. They attempted to protect their investment and hard work, which is understandable but, locking games so they can't be played on consoles other than the first it's inserted to is too much.
When I want to batter my cousins at Street fighter 4 I take the game to their house and play them on their console and its great. I can fill a bag with games to play AND swap with them as we please, it's great and fun too. If it wasn't for swapping games with friends I would never have played great games like NBA Jam that I never would have thought about buying but later became one of my favourite of all time games.

I've never trusted them. When you read about Microsoft you'll notice many, many odd things all over the years. And that they cooperate with the government.. well, that actually isn't really a new information.

I'm glad more and more people awake. Though I think it won't be enought to really change something.

Personally, although their communication conveyance had something to be desired, after thinking about a lot of what was actually said and what it means in the big picture, Microsoft has NOT lost any traction with me. All of the new features they are putting in really benefit me to the point where I feel I'm probably their core demographic of consumer and user. The games lineup, short of one exclusive to Sony (so far), is totally in XB1's favor for me, and that's really the main draw. The used game thing doesn't effect me, the kinect thing doesn't bother me (are people aware their laptops, cell phones, and tablets are 'always on' and listening? What's the big deal?), and I am fine by the online connections, I live in a region that is all good, and I don't share or resell my games. Call me selfish, but I don't have a horse in the race of complaints people have against the XB1.

If I had a choice though, I really would prefer an optional kinect (I don't mind it, but I don't find the benefit for it, either), and some more detail on backup saves (I'm not too trusting of the cloud just yet).

I've never trusted them. When you read about Microsoft you'll notice many, many odd things all over the years. And that they cooperate with the government.. well, that actually isn't really a new information.

I'm glad more and more people awake. Though I think it won't be enought to really change something.

There is a difference between cooperating and being forced under law to turn over users information.

Well, there will always be slight glitches with any console as soon as it comes out! Hence, why I will be waiting a few months or so after the release! Not only will it be cheaper so I can get more games, But I will also not be disheartened as much as they might have patched any bugs or glitches in this time!

There will not be a price drop after a few months and it might even be pretty damn hard to even get one out of preordering during the launch period.

In a nutshell? No, I don't really trust Microsoft. They openly tried to screw over gamers and have basically been trying to cover themselves in the weeks since E3. I think the Xbox One is shaping up to be a fine console, but it's still worth considering that, well, they absolutely would have employed the DRM policy if they could have gotten away with it. Comments like "If you don't have a stable internet connection, don't buy an Xbox One" really just leave a bad taste in my mouth. I have no idea what their PR department is even thinking, at this point.

Exactly - it isn't so much all the BS requirements and stupidity as it is the complete and utter smugness. Things happen - hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, blizzards, etc. so telling me that if I lose my internet connection that's just my fault is ugly. Where were they when the Northeast got smacked hard? I know Sony and Nintendo are in Japan, but MS sells computers there too. So I mean life happens and I don't want a big investment to brick on me on top of everything else.Also I think they need to fire their PR department posthaste.

Personally, although their communication conveyance had something to be desired, after thinking about a lot of what was actually said and what it means in the big picture, Microsoft has NOT lost any traction with me. All of the new features they are putting in really benefit me to the point where I feel I'm probably their core demographic of consumer and user. The games lineup, short of one exclusive to Sony (so far), is totally in XB1's favor for me, and that's really the main draw. The used game thing doesn't effect me, the kinect thing doesn't bother me (are people aware their laptops, cell phones, and tablets are 'always on' and listening? What's the big deal?), and I am fine by the online connections, I live in a region that is all good, and I don't share or resell my games. Call me selfish, but I don't have a horse in the race of complaints people have against the XB1.

If I had a choice though, I really would prefer an optional kinect (I don't mind it, but I don't find the benefit for it, either), and some more detail on backup saves (I'm not too trusting of the cloud just yet).

So you've never lost service from weather or infrastructure failure? And you were okay with your Xbone becoming a paperweight if you didn't bother to check in once a day regardless of circumstance? And you were okay with basically renting your games rather than owning them? I mean if you are then yes you are the customer they wanted. I personally am not and will not be okay with that. Also there is a difference between might be recording (laptop) and definitely recording for no actual reason (Xbone). Why does it always need to be on and who is reviewing all of this meaningless data?

Well, there will always be slight glitches with any console as soon as it comes out! Hence, why I will be waiting a few months or so after the release! Not only will it be cheaper so I can get more games, But I will also not be disheartened as much as they might have patched any bugs or glitches in this time!

Years... not months. It may drop after half a year if that, but more likely this is their price for the next two years or so. Sorry.

Although I am disappointed with of Microsoft's ideas for the new console. I am positive that they will change things around in the used game category because many of the future customers are raving mad about what they want to do. They will change it so that Sony doesn't beat them out on sales. That is just my opinion but that is what competition between two companies will do. I like some of Microsoft's additions to the Xbox One but we will see what happens when it gets closer to sale time.

After all I've read thus far from them, I would have to say no, I don't trust them.

But to be fair, you can't truly trust any company. The only problem in Microsoft's case is that they blatantly showed the people they can't be trusted. Common sense tells you not to trust them (as well as any other company) but when it gets pushed into the public eye it gets brought to a new level entirely.

There is a difference between cooperating and being forced under law to turn over users information.

As far as we know, nobody was 'forced under law' to turn in anything. The Government tried to intimidate them, and they caved. There's not actual law that requires companies to hand over information, seeing as how this whole PRISM business is unconstitutional anyways. Microsoft willingly handed over records and private information because they wanted to be 'buddy buddy' with the Government.

I posted this in another thread, but it's applicable here as well:

I'm taking the plunge. After they backpedaled on the online/used game policies, I changed my mind on going to PS4 (which I don't trust Sony much either - getting a console with features that they took away with little warning, no compensation or recourse left me with a grudge).

So unless something drastically changes, my kit is all paid off, complete with 3 games, extra controller, and headset.

I actually respect that Microsoft listened to player feedback and changed their mind. That shows that they care about the community and are committed to making things work. So long as they stay true to their word, I'll keep trusting them.

I actually respect that Microsoft listened to player feedback and changed their mind. That shows that they care about the community and are committed to making things work. So long as they stay true to their word, I'll keep trusting them.

Ok, now that is not true in the least. They didn't listen to the community. What they DID listen to was the pre order numbers. If they really did listen to the community, they wouldn't be in the situation of constantly trying to win back consumer favor that they are now. You can't tell me they didn't see the negativity on the internet back when their policies were just rumors (and not fact at the time because they weren't announced yet).

And to make matters worse, they were ADAMANT on sticking to their original policies for a good month, constantly telling everyone they weren't changing them. It wasn't until the pre order numbers of the competitors made them look bad that they finally pulled the "180" everyone keeps talking about.

Make no mistake, if the pre order numbers were good, you wouldn't be sitting here saying how they listened to player feedback because their policies would have never changed.

I won't be buying the xbox one, simply because i can't support a company that WANTS to treat me that way. Im happy to see that they reverted all of that horribleness but they would have stuck with it if Sony hadn't destroyed them. I don't get what's so complicated about the premise that if you treat the consumer well he will continue buying your product. It's not rocket science.

I won't be buying the xbox one, simply because i can't support a company that WANTS to treat me that way. Im happy to see that they reverted all of that horribleness but they would have stuck with it if Sony hadn't destroyed them. I don't get what's so complicated about the premise that if you treat the consumer well he will continue buying your product. It's not rocket science.

It's arrogance. When a company gets to big, they feel as though they don't have competition and they're the defacto.

Nintendo did it back in the day when they tried to make everyone stay with cartridges as the game format.

Sony did it when they tried to make everyone pay $600 + on the PS3

Microsoft just did it when they thought customers and developers would cave to their restrictive policies

Back