Xbox 360 Do you support established developers or independent ones more?

bibbyboy

Everyone knows about how much money that the big name xbox franchises have made, with billion dollar profits for the makers of Halo and Gears of War. With all the critical acclaim surrounding these developers, do you think that it's going to stifle the creative spark for lesser known developers? I personally believe that it's harder for developers to make a name for themselves while trying to compete with corporate giants in the gaming field.

I definitely support independent game developers more, that is in general. To me, when I think of established game developers, the first thought that comes to mind is EA. My god what a mess they are. They have single handedly ruined so many franchises it isn't funny. Now before you start throwing other game developers at my face expecting me to change my mind, I do realize that this is a very close minded generalization. However, I believe that I will support the underdog, that is struggling to get by, rather than the giant that has many different franchises at it's disposal, granted there are many very good "established" game developers. Another thing to note, Independent games seem to have a more, genuine, artsy feel to them. I am a big fan of original content, and Independent games cater to just that, originality.

I support indie developers or anyone trying to make a name for themselves. You don't have to be a big developer to make a great game!

Established, of course. Who makes the best games with the highest quality graphic and game-exerience? Established developers. They know what they are doing. They have a lot of people working for them. They have a lot of money.

I support whoever makes awesome games. Don't care if they're big companies or indies, if you make great quality products consistently then I will support you.

I don't support either, as long as the game is good, it deserves recognition and a fan base. If it was made by a small team or a entire game studio it doesn't matter to me. It is all 100% about the final product :)

Back