Do you think the Christmas season will see a major change in sales?

Esperahol

As near as I can remember the original Wii really came into it's own that first Christmas season, and then it just did a really steady profit thereafter. Do you figure something similar will occur with the WiiU? Then again it may be that we won't see people really looking at it until after MS and Sony drop their systems and people can stop anticipating or whatever... Then again most of the really great games for the WiiU won't be out until Christmas or Spring so who knows?

I honestly don't think there will be a major change in sales. I'm sure there will be a minor increase but other than that, I think Nintendo blew it and pretty much wasted a years head start. Now with all the hype and attention going to the PS4 and Xbox One, I find it hard to believe that many people will be interested in the Wii U. I think the best thing for Nintendo to do would be to cut the price of the system in order to insure some good sales.

Christmas has always been the prime time for consoles. Kids get rowdy and parents have too much money to spend. Publishers and Developers know this very well and they cash in on it, they offer bundles and reduced prices and the sales always go up. What we don't know this year is how things will unfold with the PS4 and the Xbox One being out on the market at that point.

I don't see how Christmas (the December holiday season, for the other religions) should affect a system. The system does great actually, but it's not a US based system and doesn't typically appeal to our country as well as it does overseas. So I don't think that's the biggest contributing factor. Nintendo is huge in Asia, but yes, it will increase sales.

Considering its Christmas time, sales will surely rise. However, I dont think it will rise as much as Nintendo would like it to because of the game selection available for the Wii U. Also alot of people have already planned to get the Xbox One and PS4 because they put it over a higher priority than the Wii U.

I don't see how Christmas (the December holiday season, for the other religions) should affect a system. The system does great actually, but it's not a US based system and doesn't typically appeal to our country as well as it does overseas. So I don't think that's the biggest contributing factor. Nintendo is huge in Asia, but yes, it will increase sales.

Most of the disappointment expressed has been from European and/or American players and Christmas is a big thing for that group so it is kind of a legitimate question. Also Christmas tends to have lowered prices and great deals on bundles and so forth. It's also when a great deal of hype regarding next year's games comes up time and time again. So yeah.

Well, everything's gonna get better sales during the holiday period, but that doesn't really mean much. It still won't really appeal to gamers with its lack of games and its name seems to have confused the casual crowd.

Well it certainly might see some rise in sale I can't say I see it really making a comeback because of the holiday season, Nintedo really dug themselves into a hole on this one seeing as I personally don't see it being a big system with the two others coming out.

Profits are always going to be way up during the Christmas season, People are basically in super shopping mode, especially when it comes to popular electronics like video game consoles. If I were running a gaming company, I would also release new gaming systems and games during the Christmas season. It would be an incredible business move.

A lot of people do the next best thing dannyboy by releasing a lot of games during like January. I actually would release around Feb. or March so I could catch the income tax money people are always so happy to toss about during that time. But that's just my American perspective talking.

I think that any holiday season is going to change your markets and spending. I'm not sure that its going to have a large change for the Wii or 3DS since its consumers tend to just get what they want at the time they want it. I'll say this, the Wii is going to have a tough holiday season this year, but I don't think it'll be a good reflection of the holiday seasons to come because this season might be all about getting their hands on the PS 4 and Xbox One. Otherwise, the years following things will even out.

As big as the original Wii, of course not, Nintendo kind of failed with this one. Future people will call it "GameCube 2.0", it's a system that will have a really great number of exclusives, but overall it failed in sales. Which is too bad, that system really had great potential!

I seriously doubt that anything will change. Video gamers who are interested in buying a new console around the holidays are mainly going to consider Xbox One and PS4, not Wii U. All the hype on the web and in the media in general is for Xbox One and PS4. You rarely hear about anything related to the Nintendo handhelds and consoles. I can see maybe a slight spike in sales but nothing significant.

I seriously doubt that anything will change. Video gamers who are interested in buying a new console around the holidays are mainly going to consider Xbox One and PS4, not Wii U. All the hype on the web and in the media in general is for Xbox One and PS4. You rarely hear about anything related to the Nintendo handhelds and consoles. I can see maybe a slight spike in sales but nothing significant.

Depends really - see the Xbone and the PS4 are much more expensive then the WiiU. So if you have a fairly large shopping list then those two consoles are going to be pretty far out of your reach. And of course if you're a parent looking to get a console for the family then Nintendo is obviously a much better choice then the other two. I mean even if you're dealing with an older child or a spouse you might not immediately think of these new consoles because they are such a significant investment... also RROD. But we'll see.

I don't think the sales has to do with the season. If people are really hooked to it, they will purchase whatever the season is. Of course, gift giving is a factor, but I still think it still depends on whether people like games or not. That's the first basis on whether or not sales will be there.

Of course, but this is an advantage for Sony because the Playstation 4 will come out one week before the Xbox One and people usually buy gifts early. In ither words more sales for Sony.

I think if they cut the prices right they should have alright sales. But one of the biggest falls is the introduction of both the PS4 and XB1. That is going to have a major impact on the sales of Wii U, but I don't think that their sales will drop, just not a huge increase in revenue during the Christmas season.

I don't know about major price drops. I would expect that prices will drop around $50 nothing huge. It will only be out in the market for one month in December, so it's going to be hot and popular.

I don't think that there would be a major change but there might be more. The problem is that there is not much good games released on Wii U yet. So until some more good games are released people won't get it.

Back