Xbox One Do you think there will ever be a portable Xbox?

BitesizeCrayons

Since the days of the original Xbox, I have heard of the idea of Microsoft making a handheld Xbox on more than one occasion. With the One on the horizon, the smart bet is that Microsoft is still not yet interested in making a portable Xbox just yet (going by a brief Google research session). However, that does not mean that they won't ever give it a shot, which leads me to ask: do you think it will ever happen? Would you be interested in it? I think they will eventually, as Microsoft always wants their slice of the pie, and I think it will be awesome.

I think the era of handheld game consoles has passed and that Nintendo 3DS and Sony PS Vita might not get any replacements. In the future, tablets and smart phones will be fulfilling the gaming needs of the overwhelming majority of people leaving a very small market for pure handheld game consoles and it would be ill-advised for Microsoft to start developing a handheld Xbox when the market is going away.

At one point, I thought Microsoft would make a handheld console. At this time, the DS and PSP were really popular. This would've been the time they needed the upperhand.
However, today, handheld consoles are not as popular anymore and more and more people are taking their Xboxes wherever.

It would nice to have that capability, but it is very unlikely.

Back