Xbox 360 Do you think whatever Sony announces on the 20th will hurt the 360?

dankcloud

Contributor
From what I see and hear, I think the announcement from Sony is the PS4.

Either way, whatever it is, do you think it would put a damper on the Xbox 360?

Do you think this might push Microsoft?

I don't think it will necessarily reduce the popularity of the next Xbox, as there are always going to be diehard fans and loyal customers. But I'm in agreement that it'll push Microsoft to announce earlier.

Yeah, for sure it will make Microsoft hurry up with the 720, and rightfully so. It may hurt Microsoft a slight bit, especially with people who are fed up waiting for the next gen consoles and go out and buy a PS4, might give it a nice head start.

From what I see and hear, I think the announcement from Sony is the PS4.

Either way, whatever it is, do you think it would put a damper on the Xbox 360?

Do you think this might push Microsoft?

Yes. They've been showing these amazing trailers that show the graphical power of the PS4 and they announced that Bungie's new 10 year video game Destiny will be on PS4. Sony said in their "See the Future" video that you'll be able to start playing the first part of a game immediately while the rest of the game is still downloading from PSN. The games that are suggested to you on PSN will be tailored to you based on the type of stuff you play. The new controller has a touchscreen. I'm a huge XBox and Microsoft fan and I still think that the PS4 coming out is going to attract a lot of people who are waiting for a new and exciting console to come out because they're bored with the current ones.

It's also probably going to pressure Microsoft to rush the next Xbox console to market, so it'll probably be buggy and glitchy like some of the early 360s were at first.

The announcement will mostly benefit the 360 and Microsoft. After this announcement, Microsoft knows what they're competing against, instead of just rumors in the dark. I suppose the announcement paints a picture of the competition that will occur over financial sale later this year. Microsoft now can estimate how to price their upcoming product and what hardware it might utilize. However Microsoft reacts to the announcement, I think the benefits will outweigh any possible negatives.

Back