Does anyone still play the gamecube?

incredibleone

Gamecube seems to be the forgotten console of the Nintendo lineup don't you think? There are some excellent games for the Gamecube. Does anyone still use it? What games do you play. Mario Party is also excellent. There are several party games out for Cube.

The Wii plays Game Cube games. I have a Wii. I therefore play my GC games on my Wii. QED. That said there are some very nice GC games.

I'm still somewhat involved with the Smash Bros community. I tried to move on to Brawl, but the competitive scene just couldn't make the transition from Melee. So my choices are either, play Melee, or play a hacked version of Brawl. I will bide my time with the GameCube version until the next installment in the franchise is released.

Damn right, i do. Got to have my weekly dose of Super Smash Bros. Melee! And sometimes i revisit some other games, like Ikaruga and Super Mario Sunshine, they are always a great thing to waste some time on.

I used to play smash bros. melee with friends. One of my friends actually played in a local tournament for smash bros melee. He lost in the second round though. It is nice to see that other people still play the cube. It's a blast even in 2013. A highly underrated system in my opinion.

I just played a few games of Madden 2005 on the gamecube and I have to say that the controls are terrible compared to the more recent versions of madden. What a let down. For some reason I remember the game being better than this. I might just import players from ncaa and act as the general manager by drafting, signing free agents etc. and just simming the games. I've been looking into the college basketball game for gamecube. It is about $80 because a limited number of copies were printed. The reviews for it are excellent. Has anyone played it?

I used to play it all the time when I was younger. Now, it just sits around and rarely get's turned on. It was one of the Nintendo consoles that I enjoyed playing. I really liked playing Super Smash Bros with my friends and family.

I don't. If someone was winning to give me one, I'd definitely play it.

I sure do, I think it's an awesome console. It has some exclusives, partial exclusives, and once-exclusives that are must-own for me, so I'll name a few:

The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, & Collector's Edition
Resident Evil REmake, 0, & 4
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine

I still boot up the old GameCube once every few months. It's tough to say for sure, but the GameCube may be my favorite home console of all time.

It is interesting that you brought up the fact that GameCube is the forgotten child of Nintendo consoles. Games like Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker are really good games that are often viewed as oddballs of their respective series. That has always been strange to me because I loved the GameCube and those games from the beginning.

yes i do i play
shadow the hedgehog
crash tag team racing
auto modellista
pacman world rally
call duty2 the big red one
super smash bros melee
super monkey ball adventure
pitfall the lost expediton
animal crossing
backyard football and baseball
wrestlemania x8
pokemon colosseum
namco museum
madden 07
dave mirra freestyle bmx 2
nfl blitz 03
starfox adventures
pacman fever
super mario sunshine
sonic riders
starwars rogue leader rogue squadron 2
ssx world tour
harvest moon a wonderful life
wwe day of reckoning 2
harvest moon another wonderful life

yes i do i play
shadow the hedgehog
crash tag team racing
auto modellista
pacman world rally
call duty2 the big red one
super smash bros melee
super monkey ball adventure
pitfall the lost expediton
animal crossing
backyard football and baseball
wrestlemania x8
pokemon colosseum
namco museum
madden 07
dave mirra freestyle bmx 2
nfl blitz 03
starfox adventures
pacman fever
super mario sunshine
sonic riders
starwars rogue leader rogue squadron 2
ssx world tour
harvest moon a wonderful life
wwe day of reckoning 2
harvest moon another wonderful life

How was the Avatar game by the way? It didn't get great reviews, so I wrote it off as a quick cash in. Is it a decent game at least?

Haha, the gamcube. For some odd reason this brings back some amusing memories of the past where kids stuck their faces to those little gamecubes all day. I once saw this boy who sat down in his house playing a gamecube straight for 7 hours. Well I'll admit I was quite a fan of Nintendo's amazing GameCube too, however I believe these little consoles have evolved over the years.

Honestly I loved my Gamecube. There actually were a lot of good games for it, my favorite being Custom Robo.

This is one of the things that I really like about the Wii, being able to play the Game cube games on the Wii. I really prefer playing the games on the Wii as opposed to the Game Cube - was not all that into the Cube.

The Wii plays Game Cube games. I have a Wii. I therefore play my GC games on my Wii. QED. That said there are some very nice GC games.

Ah but do you still play the GC games on your Wii? That's a different question entirely.

I play GC games all the time man. I play all my modern stuff on pc with the exception of console exclusives on 360. GC had alot of really sick games..

Gamecube was an awesome system when I was in college. My roommate and I played it all the time. It belonged to him or else I might still have it in one of the many areas of the closets where I stash various treasures. I think there is probably people who still play titles on it, but its a trinket frozen in time and that's where it will remain.

I never was really into the gamecube. I knew people that had it but i never had much interest in it. I guess i didnt lie the layout and design of it.

I kind of pop it in once in a while to play some RE4. That game was really good for the GameCube it's sad how Nintendo just chooses to do whatever the hell they like when it comes to their games. I also play a lot of Chibi Robo every now and then but not that much anymore.

Back