Does it really matter if Nintendo region-locks?

Esperahol

How many people are honestly purchasing localized games to play with? How many people honestly care that much about a game they haven't any real experience with? I just can't find it in me to care, but then again I don't have an issue with roms that are untranslated (although it does take a lot away from the game) or whatever. I guess my thing is people are acting like this is the worse thing to ever happen, but I just can't see it at all. What are your opinions on this subject?

In the long run, I don't think it will as it's been like that for a long time now and no one has ever made a big deal out of it until now. Still, I think it would definitely help Nintendo's reputation on the public eye a bit as they've been going through trouble all year with the Wii U's struggling sales. So, now that both Sony and Microsoft are both region free, it wouldn't hurt Nintendo to do the same, but it also won't hurt them that bad to not change as well.

I think it's just a stupid, pointless restriction. This also screws over Europe, because Europe doesn't get a lot of games that America does. Think about it, the europeans that understand english would be unable to play a game even though there's an english version out there. That's the kinda stuff that pisses people off.

Hmm... I think it goes both ways really - some games never make it to America that do get to Europe. Then again I just don't see the point at fussing at this company over maybe some people ponying up to purchase a game they may or may not understand. I suppose it seems lame when compared to Sony or Microsoft having no region-lock, but then again Microsoft needs all the help they can get and Sony is trying to keep people interested. I just don't care enough about this I guess to be upset.

Back