Xbox One Does X360 games compatible to X-One?

sam4eva

I know its silly but can xbox 360 games be played on the new xbox one? I want to know as I own many x360 games' dvd.

No, they are not natively supported by the Xbox One.

However you can hook up your Xbox 360 through HDMI to your Xbox One and switch to the Xbox 360 on your Xbox One when you wanted to play Xbox 360 games.

I know its silly but can xbox 360 games be played on the new xbox one? I want to know as I own many x360 games' dvd.

Unfortunately, it has been stated by Microsoft that Xbox One will not have backwards compatibility. If you want to play 360 games, you should just keep your Xbox 360.

That seems like really poor planning by Microsoft. Just like Windows 8 has to compete with Windows 7, Xbox One will have to compete with Xbox 360 in addition to the less-expensive PS4. I hope there is a way around this.

Look on the bright side. At least the PS 4 won't be backwards compatible too. I think that there are still a lot of unsold Xbox 360 units which is why Microsoft did not make the Xbox One backwards compatible. They need to dispose of some Xbox 360 units first. Don't really care that much about backwards compatibility though since most of the games that you would be playing would be the new ones anyway.

been said.. no its not compatable.. u can go hdmi in to your xb1 with a 360.

You're gonna have to keep your 360, bro, because they aren't compatible, as others have said. Neither is the PS4, for the record.

If Sony is able to provide a service like Gaikai to play PS3, PS2 and PS1, I think Microsoft poeut also do the same.

Sony has a logical and legitimate reason not to implement backward compatibility. This is the architecture that has changed dramatically.

But when I pene to Xbox One, it is the same architecture as before. That may be changing DVD to Blu-ray?

I want an answer ...

No, which really sucks. I understand that with these modern consoles building in backwards compatibility is pretty hard and would lead to higher prices probably and it just sucks. But I plan on keeping my Xbox 360 around to play all of these older games that I have built up over time.

Back